Sign in to follow this  
CrazyMan

My car is so sloooow

When i first bought my car it had a lot of head work done to it, polished ported engine, everything you can think of.

It was running about 220bhp, and it was pretty rapid.

Now it feels like a snail, i have spent $$$$ trying to sort it out to no avail, went to see ramsy last night and had a go in his motor which is nigh on standard (engine wise ) and mine does feel slower, it just wont accelerate!

Ive had problems with backfiring,missing,jerky response and have just had it serviced and now its decided to cut out during driving when at idle.

If i open the bonnet and listen at idle, when the revs drop and it is struggling i can hear a loud click/crack noise almost like an electric spark, it comes from around the top left cylinder/air inlet thingy.

Also my sparks are usually oily, had stem seals replaced mechanic says could be fooked piston rings and that it will be $$$$$ to repair, im praying that it is just a buggered sensor and not a serious engine problem.

Opinions please :cry:

Also anyone know where i can get it VAG-COM tested?(for free :) )

Mate, thinking about it now, I definitely would say its a sensor of some description or ISV as the engine sounds mint on tick over and if it was a naff engine or bad piston rings im sure that you could detect some doddy noises.

My golf used to do it and it was the throttle sensor and I think someone even mentioned this as he couldnt find the fault with his ca, VAG COM didnt pick it up and VW told him to change the throttle switch / sensor and it was sorted so give Vdub a call and find out how much it is or try and contact the kiddie who noted his problem.

You car didnt feel that bad, I thought mine fellt sluggish last night, it really prefers the cold night air and it changes completely I will take you out in the evening and show you the difference. We forgot to have a beer because we were so busy looking at eachothers engine and comparing them.

I have replied to your message from What car can your VR6 beat.

G60 swap.

sorry had to. :D know of a good shop? i used to work at the stealers and still never got a go at the VAG COM, they're pretty tight with those where i was. you can buy aftermarket ones for a fraction of what VW charges for a real one, but they are still pricey.