Sign in to follow this  
Bobbywhacker

W8

Was talking about this very same thing with LicklePaulie earlier today.. though I think you might be wanting to consider transplanting the 4Motion running gear in as well. The output from a 4 litre V8 might be a bit much through the front wheels by themselves ;)

I stand to be corrected here, didn't the blokes at DSP who did the C roadster start doing this project last year or was it some German company?

There was rumblings about it and i think it's been done.

Chris

well I think you can easily custom make a turbo kit for it, take a VR6 kit and make a different exhaust header change the pipes around, and there you go, blamo wamo W8 turbo. all in theory though it would take lots of money and time. ECU just needs a remap and air-flow needs resistor.

PhatVR6 prob doing it has we speak :lol:

I wish!

I'm not.....but I know someone who is seriously thinking about it....

The output from a 4 litre V8 might be a bit much through the front wheels by themselves ;)

W8 mate, two VR4s sharing the same crank in a 'W' formation :wink:

It's half the engine the Bugatti Veyron has in it (two VR8s) 8)

I reckon the 8 would go in a C, just.

just stick it in the back if it wont go in the front and make it rwd :D

Now that would be fun and a bit of a handful at the same time :D

Banana Man, why not stick it mid way and make the car 4x4 if you were gonna stick the engine in the back? That'd make a few people look again when it blatted past 'em, all 4 wheels spinning and the W8 screaming! :lol: 8)

the W8 has to be the next big project, like was said, where there is a will, much more difficult enginnering has been accomplished. Can you imagine the noise of that baby!? So they are 2 horizontal 4 cylinders? why are they in a V shape if they are two rows of four? Wuold be pretty pointless if it was still FWD tho. But what I'd really like to see is a 4WD V10 TDI now that would be a beast.

It's two VR4s attached to the same crank. The point of that is a compact engine.

Besides, the Passat W8 was discontinued in October because of slow sales apparently, so a V10 TDI might be the only option! Stick in place of the rear seats....a mid engine monster.

I think ABT have already got over 800ft/lb out of that engine!

Yep I have.... saw one locally last year. Sounds nothing like the Audi S8 unfortunately....it just burbled along in a non-descript fashion, it was just too quiet to pick up any distinct note.