Sign in to follow this  
AmbisoniK

Air Filter or Induction ?

been looking @ a few air filter/induction kits & am wondering which one to go for.

general consensus seems to be the BMC CDA but i've heard negative things about induction kits due to the fact that if you submerge the intake &/or take in water then it can seriously damage your engine :(

also i've spoken to a couple of racing drivers/mechanics & they favour the old school cone filter setup with a quality heat shield over the induction kits....i'm confused :|

models i've been looking @ are : -

BMC CDA

Carbonio Cold Air Intake

Ram Air Pro Ram

Raid HP Carbon fibre induction kit (like the CDA but with the filter mounted @ the front - Raid HP = Ram Air,same company)

Turn 2 Cold Air induction system

Neuspeed P-Flo Air Intake Kit with Composite heat shield

K&N 57i

anyone got any ideas :?:

Indeed I am. The BMC is a cone filter inside a special box, so it's quieter than a K&N 57i.

Submerging the intake is a Subaru thing....too many people watch the RAC rally and think it will happen to their cars, but it won't happen on a Corrado unless you drive through water above headlight level....in which case the car interior would be flooded if you did, so.....

Aye...fitted it and used it for a few hours as a test. I was curious to see what they're like as Stealth really rate them and you definitely get a noticable gain, especially in the midrange and top end. Sounds amazing on part throttle up to 4000 rpm and not loud at all. It does get a bit loud at WOT which is why I didn't stick with it because my car is a daily driver, but it's nothing like as loud as a K&N or CAI.

Is that including VAT? Good price! Cheapest I've seen it with VAT is £160.

Yeah thats including VAT - not sure what postage would be tho,probably £10 or less...