Sign in to follow this  
fla

That big connector on a VR!

Tried to open the large connector in the engine bay to check and clean the contacts but just couldnt work out how to get it apart. I was a bit wary about using too much force just in case it broke - any ideas?

TIA

it's a twist-lock connector....can't remember which way you have to turn it but the knurled ring twists and then off it pops....

There's a little tag which stops the knurled ring twisting the wrong way, should be able to see that then twist the other to get it off.

Tried twisting it both ways away from the little tage (thanks RPmayne) but i just feel its going to break if I twist any more. Just to check - is it the section to the right of the bracket that opens into two parts or does it separate AT the mounting bracket?

If you stand in front of the left front tire looking at the connector from the back side it will turn counter-clockwise to release. The connector has a detent that holds it in place so it may feel like it is going to break but it shouldn't. Grab it closer to the outside and give it a twist and it will release, turn it some more and it will come to a stop and then you just pull it straight out of the connector.

Cheers, Dennis

PS, I keep wanting to write drivers side and passenger side but that doesn't really work here.