Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged

G60 Vacuum Hose

I broke the plastic bit off whilst trying to replace the end of the pipe that feeds the MFA as it looked ropey but broke as I tried to get the metal clip off...

Anyways got a new one, had to buy a whole new pipe assembly (£17) as its all one big moulded unit...

Went to fit it today as I thought it would be a five minute job until I saw where on the brake servo the pipe connects to (right behind the suspension turret and resevoir...)

Can anyone confirm how to do this - I assume the master cylinder has to come off and moved out of the way - how hard is this to do, just the two bolts and move it to the side?? - the brake pipes look flexible but not that flexible!

Also note the new pipe does not have the extra outlet on the other end, good for me as that pipe is blanked off as i have the CC deleted

you will be okay moving the mc out of the way m8,just move it up and as a whole if you know what i mean,basically dont bend it in a shallow way :?

could you use a crow bar against the strut tower to lever the pipe into the servo?

neil.

i changed mine with no need to remove anything

staightforward as pulling it out and slotting the new one in

funk

i changed mine with no need to remove anything

staightforward as pulling it out and slotting the new one in

funk

Cheers Funky, thats what Darren said, I'll have another look this afternoon - Do you have ABS by the way?? Maybe mine has less room???

Right, couldn't really get to it and thought i was going to stick a screwdriver thru the fluid bottle so decided to undo the master cyl and just pull it forward, I think this is the best way as it also released the vacuum in the servo, still needed a screwdriver to prise out but the new one went back in fine....

did this on J-DUB (exactly the same... :roll: ) during my rebuild. Fitted it after a bit of swearing without having to remove anything other than the skin off my knuckles... :| J-DUB also has ABS, so you can do it without removing anything... ;)

yup, not knocking your way at all... it's probably a better way to do it to be honest... 8)

oh this happened to me last night....

Refitting the newly chromed rocker cover :censored:

Another cash out for the car then...... :p