Sign in to follow this  
Dennis.be

Weitec, good or not?

My suspension at the back should be replaced, one of the dampers is leaking.

So I tought to replace all springs by new ones of Weitec Ultra GT series 60/60. The price of set of those is about 334€.

Is this a good alternative to lowring your car? At this moment I've got standaard dampers and 60/60 lowered springs, so everything is better than this I guess.

The site of weitec : http://www.weitec.de/2003/produkte/ultra.php?lang=en

I really rate Weitec. I doubt whether your standard shocks will cope with springs that short though. You should buy a kit

Gvain

Coilovers are a better alternative, but the technical control here in Belgium can give some problems with such suspension. We can't go lower than 9cm between the chassis and ground, you can go lower than that if you replace every year your springs before you'll go to the contol, so Weitec is a better solution if I replace every year my suspension, this way I could go lower than those 9cm law.

To give you an idea how low the car is, it's about 7,5cm between ground and chassis, counted from the front suspension.

Surely if you go for Coilovers you could raise it using the adjustment for your technical control check. Then drop it back down low again afterwards?

Surely if you go for Coilovers you could raise it using the adjustment for your technical control check. Then drop it back down low again afterwards?

It's not that simple, here in Belgium we need a special locking system on the coilovers so we can't go lower than 9cm, hope you can understand what I'm saying?

Since one year we've got a "tuning law", this should make tuning easy, at least that's what government says. With this law we even can't use approved material, such as Stabilizer Bars, Stress Bars, Big brake's (brembo, AP racing, ...), ...

So approved material that make's the car safety is by law illegal, but it's legal to sell these parts, so the system doesn't work that well.

I am glad we have stayed out of Europe then. Think is the Germans can do allsorts if the bits have TUV approval.

You should campaign for Belgium to take on Germanys 'sensible' approach to fettling.......

Gavin

It isn't that we're in Europe, It's just a minister with to many time that invented this law, technical control is big busines and they didn't look at savety, but where they can find the money.

has anyone owned any weitec coilovers? i have just put a set of HICON GTN, have front set around 40mm drop and rear prob about 40-50 but the rears are really bouncy and the damping adjustment doesn't seem to do anything. front's are pretty solid but that's prob because for 40mm your 3/4 way up the thread. any ideas??

I've bought myself a Weitec Ultra GT suspension and by opening the box I've found this good looking material.

Weitec001.JPG

Weitec004.JPG

Weitec003.JPG

Weitec005.jpg

The idea is to revise the complete suspension when placing this springs.

I've already made my order form with ETKA, coast should be about 300€ for al the original VW parts that I need.