Sign in to follow this  
julesz

Stg 4 charger

I am planning to get the charger rebuilt to stage 4 in the next week or so. The plan eventually is for Stg 4 charger, 68mm pulley, sns chip and 3.5 bar FPR. Unfortunately ive probably only got enough cash for the charger right now and it needs doing. Would everything run ok with just the stg 4 charger for a month or so or is the rest needed. Thought it might be a bit kinder wearing the charger in too.. Darren, ill prob give you a call on this at the weekend..

wont be a problem running a stage 4 with normal set up on the rest of the car - it would be a problem if you were to chip it with just the standard charger - but you wont have probs the other way round.

who are you getting your charger rebuilt by? Jabba? I had mine rebuilt there last year, but i think im gonna give pitstop developments or PD the job with my new G60 as ive heard encouraging things about both of them - but as you say mate, its all big $$$$$$ so it all gets done bit by bit!!! 8)

....also.... pitstop developments will port the charger to Jabbas R1 equivalent for the price of their stage4!!! cant be bad!!! 8)

Thats what i was hoping. Going to get Darren at PD to do the lot (if he would :lol: ) as i too have heard good things and they do the SNS chips and a few other bits and bobs that i need. How long does a stage 4 take Darren (if im sitting there poking my nose in trying to get in the way... :D )

they can turn them around in a day ( thats if they work non stop) but its usually a couple of days for them to get the thing off, service, port, put it back on car and test. It also depends on the amount of porting they have to do to the charger.

If your having it chipped and the 3.5 fpr on aswell it may take a bit longer.

Im gonna go for the same set up as you in a couple of months, but i think im gonna go for the maximum porting available (Jabba R1 equivalent) 8)