Sign in to follow this  
mariovr6

RIMS WHAT FITS?

HI

IM LOOKING TO GET A SET OF 17'S BUT DONT KNOW HOW WIDE I CAN GO?

I WANT DEEP DISH LOOK... SEEN A NICE SET BUT THE FRONT ARE 8INCH WIDE N REAR 9 INCH ???? WILL THIS BE OK WITH FRONT SPACERS?

DO I HAVE TO STICK WITH 7 INCH WIDTH?

WOULD DEEP DISH OF ANY KIND BE A PROBLEM? COZ THE CENTRE PUSHES THE OUTER RIM OUTWARDS?

17x8 is just about on the edge of comfort. I think when you go to 9's it can give you problems without spacers.

I think 17x8 is just about right actually - no need to give yourself unnecessary headaches just for the sake of an extra inch.

ok so really i should just stick to 17X 7 or 7.5 n 8 if daring!!

ok so if i was to get a set of 17 X 7.5 and they was deep dish would this still be ok on a vr that is standard suspension??

Got 17x8's on mine with 3mm spacers front and 10mm rear no problems

-but am on standard suspension at mo so may have problems when I lower her soon (will see).....

I've found 8 x 17s at offset 40 to be perfect on the VR6, visually, handling wise and rubbing wise. I had a slight rubbing issue on the rear arches when using 8 x 17s with ET 35, but 40 tucks everything in perfectly and being only 3 ET of the factory rims, bumpsteer and tramlining are kept to a minimum.

I've found 8 x 17s at offset 40 to be perfect on the VR6, visually, handling wise and rubbing wise. I had a slight rubbing issue on the rear arches when using 8 x 17s with ET 35, but 40 tucks everything in perfectly and being only 3 ET of the factory rims, bumpsteer and tramlining are kept to a minimum.

Hows your suspension set up? still standard?

donno what et35 or 40 means lol

ET is the offset of the wheel; the distance from the centreline of the wheel to the mounting face, and is measured in mm. The higher the number, the more the wheels will be tucked under the arches; the lower the number, the further out the wheels will stick. Wheels with a very deep dish tend to have lower offsets to allow for the dish.

Factory offset on VRs is ET43, and on valvers is ET37 IIRC...

Hope that makes sense! :D

You won't be able to run a 40mm offset with coilovers in my experience. Suspension setup is key if your going to push things.