Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Tightened the hadbrake cabels up, so now its not pointing into orbit :D

Also fotted daves kit to fix the handbrake tunnel. Works great :D

Went for a long drive in the rado with the missus today. Ended up driving about 180 miles - from leeds up to harrogate, then onto Ripon, then headed over the top (just north of) the yorkshire dales and around. Then finally back down the A65 through skipton back to leeds.

It was a fantastic drive, the rado didnt miss a beat and was a complete pleasure to drive especially around the windy roads. :D :D :D :clap:

Just went and drove? Sounds awesome :)

Maybe not exactly "today", but atleast last thing I did:

removed rear axel and made the brake calipers/carriers ready to meet Bigg red....:)

DSCN1540.jpg

Went for a long drive in the rado with the missus today. Ended up driving about 180 miles - from leeds up to harrogate, then onto Ripon, then headed over the top (just north of) the yorkshire dales and around. Then finally back down the A65 through skipton back to leeds.

It was a fantastic drive, the rado didnt miss a beat and was a complete pleasure to drive especially around the windy roads. :D :D :D :clap:

Just went and drove? Sounds awesome :)

:lol: yes for once just drove it with no tinkering to get it going first :D

It must be a first ... :lol:

I forgot to add that once back in Leeds we came across a solver rado, valver i think, was an early going by the 7 slat grille.

Painted sub-frame and looks loads better than it did now to the rear beam and order new parts to get them both ready to go on car with new engine

Need to get my finger out and get that sorted also :brickwall:

atempted oil change, fule filter change and spark plugs change. coudnt get fuel filter done, jubilee clips were rusted solid. That will cost me a nice £20 at a garage to get done!

also wragged my splitter off trying to get onto my ramps on drive, now i'm minus a splitter, but no more scraping 8)

eddy.h has spent all weekend making me exhuast up its now all the way throught to the back box..sounds nice!!!!!! :grin: here"s pic off the pieace"sP1200062.JPG[/attachment:1l91woli]

eddy.h has spent all weekend making me exhuast up its now all the way throught to the back box..sounds nice!!!!!! :grin: here"s pic off the pieace"sP1200062.JPG[/attachment:3sig9qob]

all weekend it was dun for 2 pm on saturday

all weekend :cuckoo:

Blasted the intake manifoil, "freshed up" the plastic inside the wheel-bay and re-installed it++++

Found out I will powdercoat the intake manifoil as it seem that the blasting still leave some of the black spots etc........

sorted afew bits out in engine bay/general tidying

broke a speaker grille

tinted one headlight(doing the other tomorrow

Todays completed work.

Fitted 2 new handbrake cables.

Overhauled rear calipers.

Fitted 2 new rear bearings.

Fitted oil cooler.

Relocated horns to behind bumber.

Fitted a large flexi hose to feed cone filter cool air from brake duct.

SL370862.JPG

SL370860.JPG

Tight fit :shock: good job front mount is solid :lol:

SL370858.JPG

Job dun :salute:

Well, there are a few small issues with the first one that although straight forward for a handy enthusiast to resolve I know deep down I'll either not sort out or make a poor job of. So the first one needs to go to someone with more time and ability. So if anyone is interested in a 1992 dragon green vr6 let me know and I'll sort an advert out.

Todays completed jobs.

Got busy with the angle grinder and mig welder and knocked up a short shift mod ready for when daves16v polished gear surround arrives. I used newer bushes and a spring taken from a low mileage gear selector. What a difference its made! My gearbox itself is brand new from vw and the short shift makes gear changes deadly accurate and really solid and clicky, unlike the old mechanism. With some careful grinding of the tunnel lip in front of the selector housing to get the pivot rod out, i managed to do the mod from inside the car. It was tricky cutting, grinding and welding the various parts but it was well worth it.

:clap:

Also fitted a little sun visor above the rear view mirror, from a passat i think, cheers ebay.

Picked up my parents from the airport. They are both over seventy and my mum had to contort herself to get in the back. Both were well impressed with it (I bought it while they were away partly because the Golf I had before was my mum's old car). Mum thought it was better than her old Mk2 Scirocco Storm which she had in the mid eighties! They both loved the noise and surge of power when I booted it to overtake.

Then this afternoon I waxed the bonnet, roof and wings and it was well worth it because it is now nice and shiny! Need to work out how to stop the :censored: alarm auto setting itself! This made the waxing a very noisy process :lol: