Sign in to follow this  
Walesy

I THINK MY HEADS GONE!!!!

How long have you left it to idle when it hits 100? Is that 100 on the MFA or on the gauge?

its running at 100 when im driving or when its idoling...deffo not right!...the oil temp is btween 96 and 102....doesnt seem to be a prob

Not totally excessive. On a motorway drive of about 45 minutes, the gauge reads around 90-95, and the MFA is about 96-100.

Hmm, I'm wondering about my head now - glad I've got a replacement in the works...

not totally excessive..but higher than it used too...also like i said...100 dgrees should be boiling with regards to water?

yea - its like trying to make a cup of tea on top of mount everest - the air presure is lower so the water boils at a lesser temp so you will always get a cold cup of tea - it works both ways - higher presure means that the water boils at a higher temp - this is how preshure cookers work - if you ever wondered - my water goes up to about 100 - 108 after a hard run when she sits for a rest - goes back down when she gets a breeze on the rad though . . you would love my car tyhe oil seems to run at 110 - 118 :(

A difference in the earth contact between the engine and car can change the temp indication. Don't get hung up on the difference.

Different antifreeze may account for a change as well, having water wetter in my G60 makes a difference.

The fan not cutting in is your real issue.

Gavin

thanks mate...the fan is cutting in...thats whats stopping it from overheating...i just thought that the fan used to cut in earlier?..ive never seen my car running so hot...but like i said ..its not overheating

thermoswitch?? on the bottom of the rad?? if so ive changes that....pehaps that is faulty?

thanks mate...the fan is cutting in...thats whats stopping it from overheating...i just thought that the fan used to cut in earlier?..ive never seen my car running so hot...but like i said ..its not overheating

Thats the sole purpose of the rad fan. Dude, just drive your car, there is nowt wrong with it as far as I can see. :lol:

Every watercooled car would overheat if it weren't for the the fan

Gavin

Thats the sole purpose of the rad fan. Dude, just drive your car, there is nowt wrong with it as far as I can see.

yeah ..i can see what ur sayin...but ive never been the type to just drive a car and as long as it goes when i put my foot down im alright!!!.....i like my car to be running as it should...otherwise as far as i can see ..ill end up with more problems further down the line.

the fan does cut in to stop the car overheating...but my car used to run at 90 deg....if it got around 100 it would cool right back down to 90 again...if i was going on a motorway it would cool to a little less than 90....now it runs at 100 and moves between there and 110 ...and i cant understand why...thats all!