Sign in to follow this  
adambob

TSR 6 Branch Outlet Manifold

Hi y'all,

I have finally recovered from the trauma of fitting a schrick manifold and 268 cams to my VR and i'm now ready to get involved with some more engine mod's. I was in dubsport today getting a service (went well other than new bushes required at the rear) and was chatting to some dude about the 6 branch outlet manifold he had on his VR. I've just spent the last 30 mins searching the forum for historical threads surrounding outlet manifolds but only managed to find 'rsr outlet manifolds' threads for the G60.

Anyone got any advice? links? ideas? recommendations for TSR's kit?

The bro is telling me to ditch the idea and go for the 3.1L rebore but i'm not convinced as petrol consumption has already rocketed...

Cheers,

Adam

The rsr outlet is a metal replacement pipe that goes on the outlet of the supercharger to replace the plastic silencer box thats there as standard. It is prone to leaking boost. Hence the rsr outlet.

It has nothing to do with exhaust outlets.

T.

Listen to the bro he speaks sense, although you would need some headwork to really take advantage of the increased capacity.

I've got just over 3l rebore, BVH, schrick manifold, 6 branch exhaust and schrick race 278 and 284 cams and economy is not 'THAT' bad, i tend to get around 17-18mpg average but most of my driving is town /A road.

dude he is talking about an exhaust manifold that has 6 outlet ports for a VR, not RSR.

Quite aware of that, thanks!

I was just explaining the posts he found to do with the rsr outlet has nothing to do with exhaust manifolds.

T.

oh sorry I thought u were answering his question being that he was aware that the RSR outlets belonged to G60s

No worries man 8)

T.

Anyway....

Adombob, without question the finest 6 branch available for the VR is the Supersprint one http://www.supersprint.com/a_prodotti.a ... llo=vwcor4

But you'll need to sit down when ordering as it's very expensive, around £550. I've always wanted to try one of these bad boys as I've heard the midrange grunt is improved, so maybe a GB? Get it down to £450-£400 with 10 orders? We can try at least!

There are a few other 6 branchers available but you want one with unequal length runners to mirror the way the Shrick works for best results.

Kev> that Supersprint looks like an art-piece (almost too nice to mount to engine!). I've seen some other/cheaper ones ie. Ashley, Raceland but not too sure on quality/gains etc from those. Any thoughts?..

I've used Ashley in the past and they were rubbish. Poor fit and rusted very quickly and didn't cater for anti-roll bar clearance, so I won't be going there again!

I'd rather use a stainless one as it's stronger than mild steel and won't rust either!

The gains will be entirely down to the design and the reason Supersprint is expensive is because of the work that goes into it....and as you say, it's a work of art!

I think you boys have convinced me. I'm getting dupsport to price one up for me but if we can get a GB going with some discount incorporated then i'm keen to get involved.

It does look like an awesome piece of engineering - well worth the £550....!

For what thses things cost, noone here was able to get decent gains from them. I really think you're better off porting and gasket matching a stock exhaust manifold. Fastest all motor vr6 is in the 11's here and does not run a header.