Sign in to follow this  
turbomagikz

SPEED SENSOR FOR SPOILER ?

can anyone help me ? :shock: my spoiler has just stopped raising at speed & only works with manual switch , could this be the speed sensor ? if so were do i look for it ? :shock: :roll:

cheers mark

It could be the spoiler control module, which you can get at be removing the dial cowelling, and its clipped on the inside of the dash on the left hand side. It has a plug in the bottom most side of it, which then connects to both the manual switch and somewhere behind the clocks. you just unclip it be pushing it up and towards the back of the car (if you see what I mean). You can then on plug it. I took the one out of my corrado about an hour ago, cos my spoiler only works on the switch too!!!

sorry to jump on topic here!

mines got a mind of its own,works on the switch but...

when it raises by its self,if i indicate either way it goes down :?

if i turn the lights on,it goes crazy,moving up and down real fast. :?

ive checked earths,removed stalks and cleaned,stripped h/light switch and cleaned but nothing.

also took my module jobby out today to swap it for another,thing is they were both diffarent!

a 1990 one had a big connector with 3 or 4 spade termainals at either side.

and my 1992 one has a small central connecter with lots of little terminals.

neil. :)

The spoiler control module was updated on the late spec Corrados, I saw on vortex there is some mods people make to them to move the spoiler at lower speeds etc Might be worth picking up a late spec one from someone breaking a late C.

turbomagikz,

Speed sensor is on the gearbox but if this is u/s, then the speedo won't be working.

Check fuse 16 is OK. Spoiler working confirms fuse 21 is OK.

If not these fuses, then have you done any electrical work in the radio slot recently? If so, if you connected up the blue wire, this is not the aerial connection. It's a tee'd wire from the speed sensor circuit to provide automatic volume control to some VW made radios. This wire should be left disconnected except for this connection purpose.

As the switch is working on the underside of the dash, the next suspect is the spoiler control box part no. 535 919 845C for a late Corrado, on the inside of the dash behind the headlight switch.