Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

G60 Engine Temp!!!

Rite i have a Corrado G60 and over the past few weeks i have noticed that the temperature showing on the gauge rises to 110 degrees!! though the oil temp remains at around 94 degress? i woz expecting the car to go nuclear at these temps so i got thinking.... and thought maybe its the thermostat so ive changed that and the coolant but it still climes to 110 Degrees!! also sumtimes when its really hot the coolant light comes on? but i have plenty of coolant in the tank?? the fan comes on but it only seems to come on at one speed , i thought there where 2 speeds, would this indicate a fault with the thermoswitch? Oh and recently i have changed the black temp sender aswell.

Could it be anything else? i have heard that the small tube going from the rad to the expansion tank can get blocked?

Any help would be great!!

Cheers

If its of any help the VW spec stats are apparently rated at 94 degrees C. Well thats what my technical article says anyway so would guess its correct.

It is possible that the guage itself is reading a little high.

The coolent light coming on, I get that, I reckon its just a surge when you are nailing it. Mine came on, i panicked, stopped, checked the level which was fine, and continued on my way after i restarted and the light had now gone off.

change the radiator fan switch (about £15 and 10 minutes to fit) and the black temp sender (in the plastic flange on the front of the cylider head where the pipe to the top of the radiator goes).

That should sort out your first fan speed not working and will also make sure that your gauge is as accurate as they can be (which, to be fair, isn't very accurate at all! :roll: )

Gsf or ECP.

VAG want more for EXACTLY the same things... ;)