Sign in to follow this  
samm_cvr6

PORSCHE CAYMAN

So is this more marketing hype aimed at squeezing even more money out of buyers with the recent addition of the un Porsche-esque Cayenne or is it a cracker? :?

Can't see the point of a car straddled between the Boxster and 911 to be honest. It will just add fuel to the 'poverty' porsche stereo type, i.e. better off than Boxster buyers but still not rich enough to buy a 911!

Odd isn't it that the soft top 911 is more expensive than the tin top while the opposite will be true of the Cayman. Word is that it will be an uncompromising drivers car that will put off the potential 911 downgrader by not offering as much equipment / refinement

well it has a new 3.4 with 295bhp and carbon ceramic brakes and apparently it has bettered the 997s 8min 15sec laptime of nurburgring! It does look a bit strange in pics but maybe will be better in the flesh?

I like it. Porsche have done for the boxter what bmw done for the z3 by making the M Coupe. 8)

Stripped out lightweight is also planned. Engine in the middle explains why it beats a 997.

964 RS is 8,15 at the ring so this will be quicker still. Investment, to be sure but 50K is still a lot of dosh.

Imagine Corrados going up in value. Dream on. I'm still hoping.

I will let you all know what its like soon! We usually take new additions to the range on to the track, along with competitor cars.

I'll be honest, we can't wait to drive it. A mid-engined tin top with nearly 300bhp on tap! Its got to be fun. And contrary to belief, I believe that there is definately a niche market for this price range.

P.S. I am slightly biased, and please please please be assured that this is in no way a dig at people who say this, but people who slate the Cayenne, usually have never driven one.

but people who slate the Cayenne, usually have never driven one.

Yep that's true, and of other cars too.

Just reading about the Cayenne turbo in Evo is enough to make you realise how good it is. It keeps an RS6 off it's tail cross-country and is only fractions of a second behind an Evo 8 on track :shock: Amazing for a car of it's bulk and height.

I think the Cayenne's Toureg brother is the better looking of the too though.

Friend of mine has a Cayenne, he wanted a Touareg but VW couldn't supply whereas Porsche could supply a Cayenne immediately - looks awful IMHO but it is a very impressive car to drive

Sounds cool, but I think drooling over other peoples massively expensive cars would get to me eventually!

Yeah, it does sometimes, but the way I see it, is that I get all of the fun of the cars, without the huge expense. I'm also trying to get a company car! I have to say though, after you've worked with them for a while the glamour and mystique does fade. I much prefer seeing them stripped to pieces in the workshop. They aren't very complicated machines, just very very well made.

I think the Cayenne's Toureg brother is the better looking of the too though.

Yeah, I totally agree. I have to say, the boys from stuttgart had a strange day at the office when they put pen to paper designing the lines of that car.