Sign in to follow this  
ShApE

ok..question

I only know about aircooled vw's but im planning on buying a corrado vr6.

-did the vr6's come with superchargers?

-if not which is better (reliable/fast) turbo or super?

im sorry this is prolly a really stupid question :roll:

the VR6 is only N/A(naturally aspirated)...........all these ones with turbo's and superchargers fitted are aftermarket additions

as for which is best............well it depends what you want and have to spend .......also the turbo is harder(though don't know if its impossible or not)to fit in a r/h/d Corrado due to the position of the brake servo :(

Hey there shApE,

I'll have stab at this one :scratch:

In the U.K. there were several different Corrado models (spread between '88/'89-'95...

The VR6 (2.9), 2.0 16V, 2.0 8V, 1.8 16V & the 1.8 G60.

The G60 is the only one that comes with a Supercharger!

I don't know anyone who's slapped a turbo on a Corrado, but there's always one somewhere!

There are a couple of people who have added a supercharger to a VR6, but I think it's fair to say there's still a little developement required before they get as reliable as the original G-Lader in the G60. The most common improvement mod for the VR6 is to attach a VSR. These are rare as rocking horse doo-doo and improve the mid range power, not the top-end.

The G60 is the modder's choice I think, it certainly has much more scope for engine modification than the other models (stage 4 chip & pully anyone?)

As far as reliability is concerned, each model has it's foibles like the VR6 often suffers from hesitancy, 16V models often get idle troubles, and the G60 needs some TLC and proper looking after to keep the supercharger in check (service every 40,000 miles is recommended for the charger).

All corrados can suffer from the more common faults like the sunroof, spolier, door handles and electrics generally, so you'll need to have spare maintenance money on hand at all times! (just in case!)

On paper, the stadard VR6 is probably the fastest overall, but a modified G60 can potentially win out. I suppose it depends on what you want, if you want raw power and modding go for a G60... if you want refined power and response at high speed get a VR6.

I have the 2.0 16V and it's the right car for me at the moment. It certainly has power, more than enough to have fun, but not too much to get me into trouble!

I'm sure that more informed people on here can help you out more (and correct me!), but this should get you going for the time being!

Best Regards & welcome to the forum!

DtM.

thanx for the help ,i was planning on supercharging my vr6 when i got it. but i started to see alot of supercharged vr6's and i wondered if they came stock like that. thanx alot :D

Check out this VR6 turbo.....one of only a handful in the UK.

http://www.stealthracing.co.uk/sr_pvr6.html

Kev

8) nice kev mate..........so the burning question here.......is it a r/h/d Corrado or not????.......if it is then.........whoo-hoo wait til my 6 numbers come up........vince will be getting a call :lol: :wink: LOL.........

By looking at the position of the wiper motor and the brake fluid reservoir I would say that its definately a right hand drive. :p

Oh it's a RHD Roddy mate.....that is the car I was telling you about that flashed a 911 out of the way, 4 up!! Check that torque figure.....and that's with small boost!

Kev

..if it is then.........whoo-hoo wait til my 6 numbers come up........vince will be getting a call

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: I think Rodders has got bitten by the moddin bug... hehe

I've got the article about that purple Corrado when it was in the Golf magazine about 4 or 5 years back.

I think at the time it was the 1st turbo'd Corrado that Stealth did. It cost the owner over 10grand if i recall.... :shock:

Price might have come down since then :lol:

If i had a scanner i'd post the article, its very good. Ive got a digital camera, but obviously the pages dont come out as well. I'll see if i can get it scanned at some point 8)

..if it is then.........whoo-hoo wait til my 6 numbers come up........vince will be getting a call

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: I think Rodders has got bitten by the moddin bug... hehe

tell me about it......though i would just go for the totally subtle look to mystorm

and of course the lights you've so kindly photo-shopped for me

and joebloggs69if you can manage to scan in the copy of the magazine article i would appreaciate a copy of it.......though it might be an idea to send it to me personally instead of getting it posted on the forum.......might be a copyright issue :wink: :?

duncanthemad

you tal;k as if the g-60 in a reliable supercharger. my opion is its a POS. i would stick with strictly turbo. its hard on the engine but if you do everything right it shouldn't be a problem.