Sign in to follow this  
DaveVR6

Creaking sound!

Might be worrying for no reason but my C has developed a creak!

It only happens from when excellerating for a stand (mainly on an incline).

As lifting off the clutch and pushing down on the accelerator there is a metallic creaking sound comes from underneath the car..

Is this anything to worry about??

I got that too. Prob ur driveshaft/cv joint. Mine is from the camber set up, so rubbing every time the car slams down.

Quite a few of us with something like that mate, can you feel it through the clutch pedal, general consensus is its clutch related, bearings or something. I think a few of us are waiting for the time when the clutch needs redoing to see if its goes away. Mines done it for the past 90k with no ill effect (when in to vw at 20000 for clutch noise, nothing obvious found to be at fault) , just a bit annoying when it does it. Try some searches on the forum. Think it been described as a whoot noise!!

My VR has this same creaking sound when pulling away from standstill i once read in a Performance vw mag that this is common on mk2 golfs and corrados the article mentioned that the sub frame needed to be tightend more, I guess over time it might just need that but i havnt got round to doing mine yet

You're not talking about the ABS system priming are you ?? You can hear and feel that when pulling away from stand-still .....

yeah thats a possibility but thats a slightly different feeling, that comes through the brake pedal you can hear and feel it click a few seconds after turning on the ignition/starting engine. The creak sound in my case can occur if you have just stopped at a junction on a hill and are pulling away. Interesting about the sub frame tho, worth a look.

It's the ABS system doing it's self test. It opens and closes each valve in turn. You feel it through the pedals. It's perfectly normal, they all do it. I think it does it at 10KPH, have a look in your owners manual.