Sign in to follow this  
andy

**Group Buy** VR6 BMC CDA Filters **10% DISCOUNT AGAIN!**

Kev - yeah it's a fair bit quieter actually matey.

That's how I can tell when the cold air feed has come off (until I secure it better).

Why did you think that the cold air feed was not possible? Surely it sat in the same place in the bay?

Cool.

I just assumed the black flexi hose wouln't bend round sharp enough, I didn't even try to be honest! Glad you sussed it though.

OK. Bad news chaps.....possibly.

Just had an email from Stealth retracting their original offer. The 10% discount now only applies for 15 or more units, below this their will be a 5% discount meaning the new price is £152 inc vat. Please re-confirm interest at this price or otherwise.

Where does the feed actually go when you've fed it through the CC hole ? does it get a better air supply ? At the moment mine just has a very short hose taking it up to the headlight.

Good News....

Stealth have renegotiated with BMC and the discount is back at 10% for 10 units. This means the price would be £144 plus delivery, including the silicon link pipe.

Any takers...

Where does the feed actually go when you've fed it through the CC hole ? does it get a better air supply ? At the moment mine just has a very short hose taking it up to the headlight.

It goes down and sits behind the bumper.

Andy,

Like Roger, at my age I've sort of grown out of lots of noise. I had thought about one of these long time back but then not bothered. But this thread has almost convinced me to at least try it out.

So put me down as a YES please.

PS I know my memory is fading but I don't recall that these needed oiling??? Obviously it will come with destructions, but what do existing users reckon it needs ie how often. Presumably one uses engine oil, or is it something lighter?

Cheers

Same as a regular K&N panel job Chris. You undo some screws in the casing and withdraw the element for cleaning. You use normal K&N oil on it once a year.

Go on mate.....treat yourself, you deserver it after all your recent graft :D

You lot will P1ss yourselves but I'm going to dynamat mine....seriously :D

Same as a regular K&N panel job Chris. You undo some screws in the casing and withdraw the element for cleaning. You use normal K&N oil on it once a year.

Go on mate.....treat yourself, you deserver it after all your recent graft :D

You lot will P1ss yourselves but I'm going to dynamat mine....seriously :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If it doesn't move for more than a minute it gets dynamatted!!!!!

Cheers Kev.

Only one question now.

Are you dynamatting it inside, outside, or both?

Hello,

I am new to the forum and have been thinking about simple but effective enhancements to my VR6. I have heard good things regarding BMC filter system. So if possible can I put my name down for the group buy?

Cheers

Cheers Kev.

Only one question now.

Are you dynamatting it inside, outside, or both?

LOL, just the outside case as an experiment :wink:

Is there a closing date for this because i'm 50-50 about getting one at the moment,what with other things such as MOT and service comming up.

Cheers

Colley, this will close some time within a week from now, The latest will probably be next monday as we have one person on the list thats away till then. I'm getting final details from Stealth at the mo. delivery times/costs etc. We're nearly up to 15 people so I'm seeing if we can push the discount even further...

Shibe01, having a slight temporary (I hope) hitch with email this morning, wil let you know if I've got your message.

OK, cheers for that, i'll let you know in the next couple of days. They should def give at least another 5% discount i reckon for the amount of interest. But hey i'm a bit biased!

Yes it would be nice, however its a hefty discount anyway. The rrp according to motorsportworld.co.uk is £190 ish!

£144 including link pipe is a bargain, you won't get it cheaper.

shibe01 can you resend your email please mate, my address was set to my work address and I'm at home at the mo, have changed it now.

Cheers

Looking to kick this off pretty soon chaps, just need to confirm with the possibles. We will all then need to contact Stealth as individuals and pay them directly. When Stealth have orders from all the definates, they will order the beasts in bulk from BMC. I will post contact information for Stealth later, when you do speak to Stealth please make it obvious that you are part of this group buy. I'm going to suggest we put a time limit on this of all orders to be placed by 1200 noon next Tuesday, this will allow a couple more possibles opportunity to join in/pass up.

I don't know off the top of my head whether Corrado and Golf Filters are identical so it would be sensible to mention that also!

Delivery is £12 on a next day basis from Stealth, obviously Stealth need time to get the kits from BMC so they estimate delivery to individuals within 1 week of order placement.