Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

corrado campaign

wouldnt bother me that much, recaro's have seperate centres and the steering wheels and door cards can be swapped back within an hour

No theres food for though :D

was thinking of having yellow stripes and orange trims

I keep meaning to swap the steering wheel actually, as I've got a Momo Millenium wheel sitting doing nothing, and keep the original in storage for "real" shows ;)

Plus the gearknob needs changing too, as it's beginning to wear a little.

aircon would be a goer for me - so what if its a rare car? hes not selling it, so he may aswell have it how he wants it - surely?

whats wrong wit that then?

you not aloud to like the bass if you drive an old merc? or you reckon it'll fall to bits?

:lol::lol::lol:

CoxyLaad, i hear what you are saying but IMHO it like sticking a 12" sub in a 1920's rolls royce

haway.....its still a corrado albeit a rare one, but I dont think it would affect the value of the car at all if it had aircon properly fitted - why would it?

Now I could see your point if you took one of these cars and stuck a ridiculous spoiler on it or anything that made the car look different. a corrado storm with aircon is still classed as standard in my book.

see what I mean?

Think they where produced as an incentive for VW dealers to sell more Corrado's. VW dealers who sold the most Corrado's won the chance to purchase one of the campaigns.

Think they where produced as an incentive for VW dealers to sell more Corrado's. VW dealers who sold the most Corrado's won the chance to purchase one of the campaigns.

yep it says that in the article scanned pages mate , i wouldnt have one , pfft early interior, i'd have to rip that out :lol: :lol:

.... its just wrong.... take a car that there are 4 or 5 of a kind and then modify it do make it the way you like it? no you get a corrado VR6 and then modify that because modifying those classics would just drop the value immensly, one day he might sell it, make a pretty penny too.

.... its just wrong.... take a car that there are 4 or 5 of a kind and then modify it do make it the way you like it? no you get a corrado VR6 and then modify that because modifying those classics would just drop the value immensly, one day he might sell it, make a pretty penny too.

As peeps have said, it's not REALLY modding it fitting aircon, I don't think there'd be anything that couldn't be returned to original if I did it, and if there was I probably wouldn't do it. It's the same with the steering wheel and gearknob, as these are items that are getting lots of wear and I would prefer them to be in top condition than worn out by being used too much.

I've got a huge stereo install in the boot as well, but again that's all removable. As for "dropping in value". Doubt it, and as I don't intend selling, I don't really care.

As peeps have said, it's not REALLY modding it fitting aircon, I don't think there'd be anything that couldn't be returned to original if I did it, and if there was I probably wouldn't do it. It's the same with the steering wheel and gearknob, as these are items that are getting lots of wear and I would prefer them to be in top condition than worn out by being used too much.

I've got a huge stereo install in the boot as well, but again that's all removable. As for "dropping in value". Doubt it, and as I don't intend selling, I don't really care.

well if i was lucky enough to have a campaign.............i would keep it looking near factory but i'd still have my schrick fitted as long as the A/C install is done professionally and means no visible hacking about the dash etc then i would say that it wouldn't be a bad thing to do and would more than likely keep it looking near factory too

Yeah, Shrick.... Hmmm. When I've saved me pennies...

Mind you, I was marked down at a Concours recently for having a 1.9l engine in the Scirocco, even though externally it was exactly the same :(