Sign in to follow this  
marksvr6

my horn wont work!!! (momo race)

folks,

Fitted a new momo race steering wheel to my rado the other day but can't get the horn to work. obviously im not doing something silly but am too stupid to work out what? Anybody please help, cos I can't doot doot at all the lovely ladies in my area!!! :cry:

Did you reconnect everything properly when you were putting it back together? Sorry if the question is a bit obvious and dumb (i'm blonde) but I remember when I had the 'wheel off my GTi and reconnected everything the horn wouldn't stop!!! Just an idea though :lol:

Mate I know your exact problem!!! It took me ages to try and work it out and I still couldnt figure it out and my mate poped his head in the car and did it in 2 seconds.

You have a green and something coloured wire that needs to be attached to the 2 terminals on the same part as the horn switch,it looks wrong like you should connect it to something else but its correct and the eart wire goes on to the the other connector that touches the metal on the back (boss), if you take pictures of it let me know and I can help you further, you may be able to work it out from my explination but its much easier for me too see it!

Just let me know how you get on!

When you think its connected, just turn your ignition on and test it before you connect it all up. If you have connected it properly, you may just need to bend the contact out so it earths itself upon contact therefore sounding the horn. :D

Mate I know your exact problem!!! It took me ages to try and work it out and I still couldnt figure it out and my mate poped his head in the car and did it in 2 seconds.

You have a green and something coloured wire that needs to be attached to the 2 terminals on the same part as the horn switch,it looks wrong like you should connect it to something else but its correct and the eart wire goes on to the the other connector that touches the metal on the back (boss), if you take pictures of it let me know and I can help you further, you may be able to work it out from my explination but its much easier for me too see it!

Just let me know how you get on!

When you think its connected, just turn your ignition on and test it before you connect it all up. If you have connected it properly, you may just need to bend the contact out so it earths itself upon contact therefore sounding the horn. :D

Hmmm,

So you double back on the two terminals at the back of the horn push, then connect one side to the black wire that runs through the back of the boss????

can I just connect the black wire to one of the terminals and then earth the other through the bolt that holds the steering wheel on?

I'm sure I tried that and it didnt work! Thas what I thought, the wiring seems very easy but it only worked the way I explained it.

If you want you can ring me when you are trying it? If you want my number then send me an e meail. Have you got instructions?

Rams, cheers for the reply but I went home last nite and pricked about for a while and got it working!!! THe problem was the brass contact on the column wasnt pulled out enough to make the earth contact. the two wires were connected by connecting the black wire to the left terminal on the back of the horn push then earthing the other through the centre nut that holds the steering wheel on. the only problem I have now is that the horn doesnt always work but I think that due to the greasey film on the back of the boss!!!

Cheers!!

Mark.

The last bit on my first reply, sorry , dont know who to get what I wrote in a grey box as reference but I mentioned that you may need to ben dthe contact out.

Anyway, you have my number if you get stuck tonight.

Talk later 8)

The last bit on my first reply, sorry , dont know who to get what I wrote in a grey box as reference but I mentioned that you may need to ben dthe contact out.

A mod might be able to sort that for you ;)

.......but don't wanna appear to be "over-modding" ;) hehe.

You can edit your own post if you like. Gimme a shout if you want me to do it for you.

You mean like this? :

If you have connected it properly, you may just need to bend the contact out so it earths itself upon contact therefore sounding the horn. :D

Simply done by:

{quote="Rams"]If you have connected it properly, you may just need to bend the contact out so it earths itself upon contact therefore sounding the horn. :D[/quote}

But remove the squiggly brackets and replace with square ones.

Its like being back at school! Joke, I think I know what you mean, if I have any problems the next time I want to quote I will give you a shout :oops:

its hte 2 copper terminals on the steering wheels,they make contact with it,if you bend htem slightly upwards both of them it should work.

I remember cleaning between my wheel and the column with a cotton earbud once and I ended up bending this copper blade slightly so the conact was not being made and the horn only worked when in certain positions. Bent it back with some tweezers and sorted it!

has nick was saying that lil copper blade where he boss unit fits onto needs to bent outwards slightly (be careful not to break it) and once the boss kit is placed on top should make contact with it. on a momo race wheel there is also a lil blade on the inside of the bosskit or the actual wheel cannot remember sorry, this is the earting point give it a clean when u do this and it will work fine TRUST ME ive done it

Peace Out