Sign in to follow this  
kid corrado

whay are 5.25 inch (13cm) speakers too big??

i recently bought some 5.25 inch infinity 5000cs componant speakers for my 1994 2.0 16v uk rado. cost £75. to replace the factory setup in the front. They didn't fit in the original door housings. the cone was about 1cm too big which was a pain after taking half the dash out

can anyone suggests a decent quality componant system that they know fits. was looking at the pioneer e-motions for about the same cost but can't find any technical specs to see if they fit

please help

I just put Infinity Kappa Reference 50.5cs (ebay number 5760708915) straight into my early type door cards, without any probs...... its strange that urs dont fit!

Chrishill has the same and sure his are ok in the late panels.

Why half the dash out to fit speakers in the door cards?

Chris

routeing cable, or he's :roll:

HE-HE!:D

Obviously i'd thought about that but i've fidded some major hifi in my time and on C's too! and never but never, did I mention NEVER!!!!! have I had to remove the dash even if i've done it professionally!

Bemused.

Chris

I've had to take out all the trays in both my install adventures, guess they're classed as part of the dash? anyway... mine are full-range infinity 5002i's and fit fine.

I've got (previous model) e-motions in the tweeter positions and they sound superb for the money, my 4" ones cost £60. Treble might be a bit sharp for some unless you can tweek the EQ with your headunit.

The Infinity 5000CS do fit the late door cards, as I fit these to mine last year. Think they were a tighter fit than the original speakers though.

Had to remove the tray's when I did mine too, as I ran new cable speaker cable through and also hid the crossovers above them.

kid corrado, just try again. If you sill can't get them to fit, perhaps you could post a photo to show the problem.