Sign in to follow this  
alan_edward

Vibration inside the door

I am getting this vibration inside the drivers side door panel.

Sounds exactly like a mobile phone vibrating. Not sure what it is. But it kinda was near the speaker pod.

I turned off the engine and turned it on again and it seems fine. Its done this twice now.

Any ideas?

Alan

Have you taken the door cards off recently? The door release rod (dont know the proper name but the metal bar that opens the latch when you open door from inside) has a piece of foam to stop it hitting the door skin. This may have come off. I think the same thing is happening to mine casue ever since i sound deadened the door and forgot to put it back on it vibrates like heck.

I could be wrong (expect Kev to to clarify what is ACTUALLY wrong) but thats what i think it could be.

My 2 cents :fadein:

i've got the same vibration as it sounds like you have Son of a Beesting, I thought exactly the same thing! planning on taking the doorcards off this week so I'll have a shufty and see whats what. Bloody annoying though, car seems to develop a new rattle every day!

I found the problem, I think,

Its the speaker.

I just disconnected the speaker and it has stopped and hasn't come back. I will have to open the door cards now and check the speaker.

Alan