Sign in to follow this  
Neil VR6

FK Coilovers

I've just had some fitted and the ride is vey supple. If anybody is considering getting some "budget" coilovers and cannot stretch to the Konigsports then the Highsports ride very nicely. I can't speak for their longevity over the Koni bodied Konig's but I'm well chuffed :)

I've just fitted FK Highsports to my G60 and i would agree that the ride is very good indeed, slightly stiffer than standard but no where near as harsh as i expected! Great performance and value for money!

I paid £430 for mine inc delivery from venom.

James

I've just done the same to mine aswell.. Couldn't be arsed with adjusting them. Wanted something simple as.

I may seek harder springs though. wee bit on the soft side, but handle great

Mine were £420 delivered from Venom. Richard was very helpful there. I was slightly apprehensive that they'd offer a rock hard ride but I'm very chuffed.

vwcvr6- As I'm running 15 inch wheels with 195/50 tyres, the ride is helped by the fact I have a bit of give in the sidewalls of my tyres. The ride will be slightly firmer with 17's as the tyres will be lower profile (205/40 probably). I wouldn't have thought it would be excessively harsh though.

vwcvr6 - i have the fk highsport with 17" RH ZW1's, tyre profile 205/40 and the ride is pretty comfortable. No where near as harsh as you might expect.

James

thxs james i have ordered them from venom will be delivered tomorrow!!

did u fit new top mounts at the same time!!!

thxs

Mine were in good nic as they had been replaced by the previous owner. I got new wishbones, bushes, ball joints and ARB bushes though!

I just bought a set of top mounts from gsf!!

gona get the coilovers fixed tomorow!! by the way mine is a vr6 and hope the ride is not too bad will find out tomorow lol!!!

thxs neil

When you lower yours keep an eye on the drive shafts. I've got to raise mine half an inch or so as the springs are pretty soft for the roads round here and the o/s shaft has hit the chassis leg. Dont want to bend it and lose the front end - Also MOT failure if tech spots it :!:

can definitely feel the difference, a very comfortable ride and performance, and looks so much better!!!!!

still got to get the ride height sorted bit of rubbing in front when braking!!

thxs guys!!

whats the best height to have on the fronts (considering its a vr)i can just about put my finger thru the arch and front wheel, i need to raise it cos it touches the arch when brakiing an turning!!!!! :mad2:

Have a look at the pics on my Dubforce link below. I could take it lower but it's fine for now. The back need to down a bit more though. I haven't dropped it too low as you tend to get bump steer if the wishbones "point upwards" when the car is at rest.