Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

About to fit my mocal?!

Any tip on fitting a mocal oil coiler to a g60 ive got the water pipes from the mk1 and the spigot from g-werks which is slightly cut down from std i think, it looks pretty straight foward tbh but doesnt every c related job!

drain coolant.

drain oil

remove oil filter, big nut, old oil cooler, center shaft (spigot?) and associated water pipes

fit new water pipes

refit new center shaft (spigot?)

fit new oil cooler take off

fit BIG nut and tighten to hand tight

fit new oil filter (ready filled with oil)

find somewhere to fit oil cooler and pipes (that's the tricky bit! :| )

refill with oil

refill with coolant.

You're ready to go... 8)

its a spigot im sure looks like a spigot oh damn now i dont even know what a spigot is!! mounting it mmmm ive got a allard cooler (mocal plate) which is long and thim with the pipes coming out each end so im hoping it will go in front of the rad or if not somwhere in the bumper for cooler air (like 4" lower will make a difference!) ill post pics when all done funny though this corrado never runs that hot 110 oil max my old one ran vry hot 130+ some days but i suppose ive not had this one over summer yet?!

I have an 8.5" by 11" mocal cooler in the front of my radiator, had to remove AC condenser but it will work without this removal, just tightly

had to remove AC condenser
potatonet, i take it you mean removal only to install the cooler? I've just bought one (without any spigots etc) and have aircon in my car. Just thinking of how and where to install.