Sign in to follow this  
Majik

Ignition feed needed from boot

Does anyone where i can get an ignition feed in the boot area of the corrado, if not than whats the best wire to splice?

thanks in advance

u need a remote lead off the the head unit to the amp so when u switch the head unit on the amp switches on aswell and work the opposite way for switching off

....and then just give the amp a permnament live.

Okay

The stereo Should go off when you pull the key out,

and the amp must be controlled be the amp control of the stereo. (or electric ariel cable off stereo)

You need to fit a power cable from the battery with and inline fuse with the same rating as the amp, normally 30a or 40a, this inline fuse must be no more that 3-4 inches away from the battery. run the cable down the side of the car through the bulk head using grommets where needed, and along the inside sills to the boot. Find a good earth point for the ground, ideally as short as possble or directly back to the battery with itsa own cable.

any questions give me a shout

You can use the rear seatbelt mounts under seats as your earth points.

this was reccomended to me for a good solid earth

no what i meant was i wanted an ignition controlled feed to turn on the remote switching for the amps, VW do a speed controlled output but not a ignition fed output!

MY car doesnt have the pull the key out stereo turn off function....damn!

Guys i have been installing systems for years and i know what im doing with the wires, its just that i dont have a wiring diagram for this car, and i hate moving the fusebox!

:?:

Any head unit that has a phono/RCA output, should have a remote-lead output.

You should pull the wire from the back of the headunit - not VW's loom.

Why would you move the fusebox? What's that got to do with the price of cheese?

I don't understand what your trying to do.

as Andi said all head units with rca pre-outs have a remote lead, normally the blue wire.

"Why would you move the fusebox"

because behind the fusebox are wires which can be used

Dont worry guys i got it sorted! running a cable from the front along with the big power cable for the sub amp.

You guys will see it when its ready....watch this space!

There's a 30A (?) feed into the boot area to allow fitment of a towbar. Why not use that?

Also, the standard plugs behind the headunit do have a switched live in them to power the headunit with the ignition switch (with a seperate permanent feed to maintain any presets)

Have fun...

There's a 30A (?) feed into the boot area to allow fitment of a towbar. Why not use that?

Also, the standard plugs behind the headunit do have a switched live in them to power the headunit with the ignition switch (with a seperate permanent feed to maintain any presets)

Have fun...

HMM im gonna go looking for that, as i have plans too!

Have fun...

Mike, I know this is in the wrong thread but I have the detachable (expensive) version of the VW towbar, and although it takes off the lamp pod sockets in the rear it didnt seem to provide a switched 30amp take off. Where did you find the lead/socket ?

Permanent power feed cable size will depend on the output of your amplifier.

I have 480w and 200w amps in the boot - the 480w amp has a 8-gauge power cable and the 200w has a 10 gauge feed cable. If the cable that you use is not thick enough then you run a real risk of setting your car on fire !!

The switchable feed for both my amps is taken from the electric aerial output of my CD/radio unit. When the CD unit is switched on an electrical pulse from the electric aerial outlet switches the amps on and when the CD is switched off, another electrical pulse is sent down the same wire to turn the amps off.

Run your power cables & RCA/speaker cables down seperate sides of the car.