Sign in to follow this  
RACK

Darren I need a Front Mounted Intercooler!

I've just seen some pics of that AWESOME IC 8) Darren has put on his C.

I need one, but how do I get it. Do you sell it as a kit or do you have to fit it, or is it a one off that your keeping exclusive :cry: !

I'd be really interested in getting one and would even drive down for the work, I live near sheffield, so it would be a long haul! But looking at the pics it would be petrol money well spent!

Any feed back would do nicely.

Cheers

best to mail me of the forum really :lol: :lol:

pm me and i can look at sorting it out for you...

Cheers mate. I've just tried emailing off the pd motorsport site but my computer is having none of it! :mad: :mad: I think I've got it somewhere so I'll send a mail asap.

Hi Rack,

The PD Motorsport site is no longer "on air" since the company ceased trading last week. You will need to contact Darren via pm as he suggested. We are both still working with our respective areas of interest. I am sure Darren will welcome your enquiry.

for those who dont know.

there is a intercooler on ebay, a pace item that is dual pass.

probly the most ideal IC for a G60 corrado ive ever seen. no need for u-bend.

i wouldn't say dual pass is ideal... longer boost build and parasitic pressure loss. but then, the u-bend isn't 'ideal' either.

in an ideal world we would have a loop type thing but it aint. unless you use a water cooler n that aint too efficient according to jabba. they dont sell um anymore.

id trust their judgement on stuff other than chips when id go SNS

I was thinking about getting a charge cooler but they can get very expensive and with my luck it's just something else to go wrong!!! (VW's don't you just luv em?)

At least with the Intercooler swap there's not that much can go wrong. Famous last words eh?? :lol:

there really isn't an *ideal* solution for corrados.. not that i've been able to find anyway. either its too much plumbing/dual pass, a u-bend, or air/water that also has its problems. i'm still trying to decide what i'm going to do about this, but in the meantime i'm trying make the stock IC as efficient as possible. darren's FM is definitely a nice setup tho.. just that u-bend that throws me off and i have a/c now too so the u-bend wouldn't work for me unless i ditch the a/c entirely.

I produced my own charge cooler system at the same time that Jabba launched their setup. I am sure Mike was well aware of the failings his system had and admitted this by withdrawing it from sale. I found my system to lend itself very favourably to the G60 engine install and furthermore gave consistantly good power gains 15 bhp over standard intercooler. This was as tested at AMD,s rolling road by Geoff. The charge cooler like many matters VW tuning had a fashionable era which has now passed, but don't be too quick to write them off. With my setup one could achieve vastly more efficient cooling of charged air, a shorter more direct route for charged air to the plenum and a neat compact install with only the cooler itself being seen. The only concern with charge cooling is how to keep a sustainable feed of cool water to the chargecooler. I had this nailed by using a 4 litre water capacity, front mounted full area radiator and marine industry pump. I would still be using this system, but it did not lend itself easily to my 16VG60 install.

thats similar to what mike said. he said that if you can get enough cool water then tis not a bad solution.

problem is a water res is a heat sink so this isn't wanted unless icing it n i wont be doing that. so basically the rad has to be uber big and efficient and not to obstructive on the engine rad

i thought the following.

if i need to mount a BIG rad i may as well mount a front mount IC

10 extra kilos or so stapped right on the front of my car.

costings for this will be more than a front mount.

has cost me around 200 quid to put my front mount kit together. would have cost more for the chargecooler system