Sign in to follow this  
V3DUB

S2 engine conversion

Firstly Hello everyone, I have a 92 Corrado G60 130k on the clock.

I have been looking at the 4x4 conversions on this forum with great interest and now want to do this my self, i was thinking of transplanting a audi s2 engine but use the golf rallye running gear.

What are your opinions on this ihave seen the s2 engine produce some impressive figures and the engines are easily available.

I think the Rallye running gear is OK to a point, but it was the Synchro (Golf country etc) that was quite weak. VW tested the VR6 engine in the Rallye, so it's running gear was able to cope with that at least....

The Haldex is the way to go, especially now that I've learned you can get either a VW upgraded controller or custom third party ones :D

V3DUB, 'lo and welcome to the Forum...

Give the guys 24 hours or so, some of the guys who know about the S2 engines or the 4x4 systems and the like don't post during the day as they don't have access from work... ;) Someone'll answer later on... 8)

*edit* feck, that took me a while to write my reply from opening the post.... see what I mean about work getting in the way of forum reading! ;) :lol:

Did the bloke who runs Dubwieser in scunthorpe use an S2 engine in his Mk1 GTi? If it fit's in a Mk1 it should fit in a C. He was pushing something like 500bhp too!

Firstly Hello everyone, I have a 92 Corrado G60 130k on the clock.

I have been looking at the 4x4 conversions on this forum with great interest and now want to do this my self, i was thinking of transplanting a audi s2 engine but use the golf rallye running gear.

What are your opinions on this ihave seen the s2 engine produce some impressive figures and the engines are easily available.

know someone who is doing this..

I don't see how this is easily possible. You would be better off going the tried and tested route of the 4 cylinder 1.8T route that is both newer and capable of good power.

Fair play for thinking of something different though.

Guy at work managed to get one of these into a short wheel base quattro, with some pretty sweet results. The power, combined with that handling. Mmmm, schweet.

know someone who is doing this..

Are they running the quattro running gear too?

i was thinking of using the rallye diff and shafts and get it to work with the quattro gearbox maybe with a custom drive shaft. Has anybody ever come across this engine into a corrado.

[quote name="V3DUB"

know someone who is doing this..[/quote]

Any more info on this dude??????oh and is it bieng done in a corrado?