Sign in to follow this  
fire&iceG60

new. need help.

hi i am new to this forum. i dont own a corrado but i own a g60. and wondered if you could answer my question.is it possible to get rid of the carbon filter on the g60 and all its pipes. it sits under the air box, if so what is involved to achive this. will it mess up my emissions or my fueling. cheers for any help.

i have put a search and nothing came up. i have been told i can take it off but someone else told me my fuel tank might go BOOM! i am a bit stuck.

You are right nowt comes up. As I understand it, you just remove the can and all the pipe work. Any hoses left will probably need to be blocked off.

Gavin

I'd better get back to school having spelt Kanistore rong. :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

what are the benefits of removing this thing?

cheers,neil. :)

Good cold air feed into the air filter area - great if you have a cone filter (like me) 8)

or ducting from the brake duct through the hole where the carbon canister was and straight into the standard airbox

ahh right cheers. :)

ive taken the plastic nozzle jobby out the airbox,and removed the 2 plasic panels behind the headlight.

still worth doing?

not affect the running or anything?

sorry for jumping on your topic fire+ice. :oops:

neil.

not at all mate it all adds to a good read. think i will be taking my carbon fillter out to get more cold air to my induction. from what i have read it does not cause any running problems. so wll have to set to work when i have a min.

cheers

basically all removing the carbon cannister does is to remove a shed load of excess piping from the engine bay and free up the hole under the airbox... It should make no difference to the running of a G60 engine as they're now sooooo old that the carbon cannister will not be doing anything anymore anyway. There's no electronics on the CC on a G60 so the ECU won't complain (like a VR one does)...

I've heard that G-man now rips these out as a matter of course... ;) 8)

i have been told i can take it off but someone else told me my fuel tank might go BOOM! i am a bit stuck.

No one has answered that but you will be left with two pipes when you take the CC out. A clear one and a black one.

Black one can be blocked.

Clear one needs to be left OPEN as it's your tank breather.

To avoid petrol whiffs, poke it down in the inner wing somewhere away from the bulkhead and put a radio controlled car engine filter over the end.

Black one can be blocked.

Clear one needs to be left OPEN as it's your tank breather.

My tank breather is black. :shock:

Tank breather is easy to find - just trace it back to the bulkhead. 3 fuel pipes are all grouped together - feed, return & breather. Just tuck the breather inside the hole in the inner wing, next to the air filter.