Sign in to follow this  
brian g60 corrado

fuel pump running when engine off on my g60

has anyone had this fault or is it normal.when i park up and switch off engine lock car and a few minutes later rad fan cuts in like normal but also it sounds like the fuel pump also cuts in and operates for about 5-10minutes.if anyone can sheed some light on this would be great .thanks everyone this is a very good forum it has helped me loads

I believe its normal. Mine does it too. I think maybe something to do with keping fuel cool rather than left getting warm in the pipes???

Its normal, i think its to cooler the fueling too as a hot fuel system leads to fuel vapourising and the car not starting, Common fault on R19 and R5 turbos i believe.

Hmm, I'm glad someone asked about this again, I had been told it was normal but wasn't sure... when I get a minute I'll have a look at the wiring diags and see if its connected to the rad fan run on (it certanly appears to be)

Mine is sometimes quite noisey - altho I can't hear the pump from inside the car when the engine is running - you can when you switch off (or on without starting)

altho I can't hear the pump from inside the car when the engine is running - you can when you switch off (or on without starting)

Try changing your fuel filter, that will make the pump also silent from in the car. :wink:

Is it definitely ok for the pump to be working whilst the car is turned off? I would have thought this dangerous and the pressure is not being realised. Or is it. My mates yellow G60 does it and I though it would have been a relay problem, as it would stop then start after a few minutes as so on. If its definitely safe and what they are supposed to do then I will inform my mate that its ok.