Sign in to follow this  
thorpey

fitting porsche 944 injectors

having heard porsche 944 injectors are a direct replacement for the standard 1.8 16v injectors will they give me any benefits or increase in performance over the original ones? my car is highly modified but i want to either change to twin carbs or throttle bodies but if i get an increase in power from the 944 injectors i might go down this road instead. what do you think?

I can only really speak from a VR point of view which may not help.

Though I am familiar with the 944 injectors but on a 2.0 16valve i'd have thought a healthy helping of red or brown sauce, your choice, on a good sausage sandwich would be a good starting point and be better for your engine than those 944 injectors as they will give a way too high flow volume and a pretty large fuel speckle resolution especially at low revs.

If you have your valver remapped with the 944 inj. i'm sure you'll find that the duty cycle will have to be "back mapped" or reduced in it's operation, in other words they will be too big by far, the G60 ones will be a better match if you feel you need a larger fuel delivery.

The 944 items are used by NS Racing for the VR6 Supercharged stage 2 & 3 which is a 6 cylinder forced induction engine running over 320Bhp and if you need these injectors i'll buy them for you when i win the lottery.

But seriously, your engine is barely modified at all so what makes you think you need larger injectors at all???????????????

If you did fit the 944 injectors you would loose a huge percentage of power, that's if it runs at all because the air/fuel ratio would be so wrong on the rich side.

If you can get some free or cheap, try them in then report back with your findings as i could be o so wrong on this matter ;-)

Chris

The 2l 16v is still k-jet,which uses completly different injectors to the vr6.Also the meterhead controls how much fuel is sent to the injectors so i think changing them wont make a difference.

thanks guys just saved me wasting my hard earned dosh,it was just a thought as my engine has been bored and stroked from 1781 to 2,042cc guess its twin carbs or throttle bodies then?