Sign in to follow this  
thorpey

nitrous oxide

what do you think of fitting a nitrous oxide wet kit to a 1.8 16 v? will it damage the engine? is it reliable? and how true are the bhp claims? cheers pete

speak to chris vr6nos (currently going by the name of 'vr6 tractor with nos') he always encoraged me to get NOS on my valver although I never did, but I'm fairly confident that if he suggested it, it'd be fine.

Yip, i can say for sure it will be fine, though you can do damage to the engine without nos so it's all about you really.

A friend of mine had a system fitted to a Fiesta 1.6 and it was fine so the 1.6 valver should respond well to a moderate shot, just don't go whacking 100bhp into it because of obvious reasons.

40% is said to be a good safe figure though myself, I've gone past that with no problems, the key is to get the mixture correct as it is with the standard engine.

There are a number of ways to do this.

Many people can fit a kit, that's the easy part but not everyone can calibrate it and tune it.

The main down side of nitrous is that it runs out!

Other than that it's fine, just use obvious caution and don't be a lunatic.

Good luck

Chris

cheers for that i would have it fitted proffessionally have been qouted 700 quid fitted was thinking 50bhp jets

i would have it fitted proffessionally have been qouted 700 quid fitted was thinking 50bhp jets

Damn, i wish you lived closer to me and i'd save you £100 no probs!

Argh well :roll:

Here's a link to my website with the nitrous swag on it for you to peruse.

Chris

Mate runs it in his Rallye, one of the best ways of cooling charge and runs well in G60's. Def considering this route as i can switch on the extra power just when i need it. 200 bhp is enough for general day to day driving.

yeah chris not enough with the mods i already have i have about 180bhp another 50 would be better i think

Chris, can your company install and properly set up these kits then? I can't afford to do it, however I think its something I'd definately be interested in, in the future... just for novelty value :lol:

Sure, no probs, do it while you wait. The novelty wears of after the first month and then it becomes serious! LOL

It's all good fun.

Nitrous is safe as long as you don't go lean and that's what you aim for, a little rich and you're in the safe zone, to much to type to explain but could explain further on the phone sometime when you feel the urge to get the laughing gas!

Chris