Sign in to follow this  
VR6

New radiator time - anything else?

Been a while since I started a thread, so thought I'd seek some advice.

My radiator has given up so I need a new one. Can't be arsed trying to have it fixed - may as well just bang a new one on.

And so on to my questions, if you don't mind giving me some ideas:

What's the best make of rad to get and where from? I'll be giving Steve a shout soon as I think we've discussed this a little bit already... ;)

What else should I look to change at the same time? Thermostat and housing? replace some of the hose clips with jubbly (sic) clips?

Got a new VT engine mount to go on at the same time whilst the front is in bits.

Anything else?

Oh, and could someone let me know part numbers for the rad/thermostat/housing and any other bits that I'll need to order?

Much appreciated - cheers.

Good idea to replace the two rubber water pipes on the heat exchanger and the oil cooler seals. Defo do the thermostat and possibly the blue coolant sensor.

Dont know if you've sorted part numbers yet but here you go this lot should do ya:

thermostat: 075121113D

this lot is all for the thermo housing + amounts you'll need

housing: 021121117A x1

adapter: 021121133D x1

adapter: 021121121A x1

o-ring: N90316802 x3

o-ring: N10139201 x1

washer: 021121119A x1

seal: N90136802 x1

you'll probably need new bolts as well soooo

bolt: N0147035

screw: N10092201

Hope this helps.

That's great, cheers guys.

Anyone got anything else that is worth getting changed whilst I'm at it?

To coin a phrase YOU use a lot....."Use the search" :D

And didn't you tell me that was leaking, like 6 months ago? LOL!

Lazy get.....

Transfer pipe? i got one of the metal ones from one of the USofA guys very well made and will last a lifetime. i can dig out the blue temp sensor and yellow sensor numbers if ya want them ive just replaced those as well.

here have them anyway you've got blue temp sender and the yellow 4pin sensor which is now black with a blue band round it. Also need to new springy things to hold them in:

sensor: 025906041A x1

sender: 701919369D x1

springy things: 032121142 x2

Thanks Graham - top man.

.....Kev :p bugger off :lol: I'm not asking where my leak is coming from. I'm not asking if I can fit a VR radiator to a G60, I'm not asking why my door won't open, I'm not asking how bloody much the top hose is and if a Ford Galaxy one will fit, I'm not asking why my sunroof no longer works etc etc etc :lol:

Simple post if you ask me :) Oh, and how many threads do I start? Not many. So nerrr

Could we perhaps sticky this, would be very handy for other people to have all the part numbers in one place....but i spose they could always use the search :lol:

It would be quite useful but I think there are plenty of sticky threads and it would probably get overlooked.

I think it's handy now that the part numbers for the various other bits are in one place so that should hopefully help other people by USING THE SEARCH Kev ;) :lol: