Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

G60 Head Modifications

Wheres the best place i can get or take my Corrado G60 to get some cylinder head mods done? I am looking to get it ported / polished, gas flowed etc and maybe enlarged valves? can anyone reccomend a decent setup that will give me good torque aswell as bhp? I ve heard uprated cams etc dont really do much on G60s?

Jabbasport do a Performance head, is that any good?

Regards

If you don't mind travelling to West Sussex, try John Mitchell of JMR (16VG60 on here) or tel. no. 07974020031, great workmanship, good prices and top class advice

perfect! that isnt to far from me as i am in hampshire anyway? will give him a ring i think!

I got mine P&P at Race Power Motorsport, and my car has given some good figures in return - 180bhp on std pulley. There are benefits to bigger valves, but I was told by RPM that the bhp/£ was not as good on forced induction cars as on n/a cars, and that on the G60 he wouldnt recomend it unless i was going crazy on uprating the engine.

andycowuk, funny that... I got exactly the same from RPM and JMR when I got my heads (don't ask!) done by them... ;) 8)

John (16vg60) did run an exchange system on heads when he did mine. Get down to west sussex on the last sunday of the month for the VW meet over a shandy and have a chat with john. Where do you live i will be traveling from bournemouth area to west sussex or i could meet you on the M27 somewhere

Cheers

Woody

My vote goes for the TSR pack C head ( now fitted to saiosg60's car) I never got mine rolling roaded with the head fitted but iirc Cai'd car put out 216 bhp with the head, cam and charger work best figures I ve seen yet with those mods!!!

my next mod is to be a 35mm exhaust & 40mm inlet valve head and ill be after similar figures, you can see how poor the stock head flows by the way the boost goes from 12 psi straight up to 15psi at 5100 rpm, the air cannot physically get in the head, a well flowing head will make the boost work for you,

Save your money and bang a X-Flow on!! Or get a Eurospec head if you can find one.

cheers guys i am probably gonna go down and see john at JMR at some point and see what he says , tho judging by what some of you said its probably just worth getting it properly flowed and maybe leaving the big valve head ??

Cheers

im not so sure i think if your gonna spend the money then go the hole hog and go for the big valves, that way you will never be limited by the head,,

Eurospec head is a completely new casting made by a company called (suprisingly enough! :-P ) Eurospec... it's got much improved airways through it and larger valve chambers and, IIRC larger valves too...

At around $2000 it ain't cheap though... :|

*edit* LINKY!

Theeurospec head is awesome, but like henny said it aint cheap. They're well woth the cost though from what I've heard.

ok guys time for me to pop into this thread... has anyone got any flow figures on there heads they have had done... im in the process of having a batch of CNC reworked (not just ported/polished) heads completed. i have the flow bench data and these things are flowing better than any other 8v counterflow vw head i have ever seen data for...

I have not got flow figires for mine. Never realised u were getting this sort of work done! I would guess you know, but a head that can flow well on a bench can give a poor mixture spread when on the engine - the mixture turns round a 90deg readius to get to the back of the valve; if the porting is not done correctly the heavier droplets of fuel can get thrown to the outside. This is part of the reason that porting by hand is a sort of 'black art'.

I have not got flow figires for mine. Never realised u were getting this sort of work done! I would guess you know, but a head that can flow well on a bench can give a poor mixture spread when on the engine - the mixture turns round a 90deg readius to get to the back of the valve; if the porting is not done correctly the heavier droplets of fuel can get thrown to the outside. This is part of the reason that porting by hand is a sort of 'black art'.

trust me andrew. the company doing these heads are VERY experinaced at what they do.. figures/specs will be online very soon. get on msn mate ill show you some pics.

Still at work just now, will be done at 10pm! Will give u a shout when i get home.

The explanation wasnt for your benefit btw :wink: