Sign in to follow this  
scarlett

HELP!!! before I cry......

just picked the C up from the garage after having a new rotor arm and lambda sensor fitted to solve the previous problems we were having. drove away from the garage and she was fantastic...... until i got to the roundabout outside my work, when i put her into 2nd and slowed down she cut out, tried to start her again and she took a good 30 seconds for the engine to catch and start. got to carpark and again as soon as i slowed and the revs dropped she cut out, had to restart her 5 times just to get her in a parking space!!!!

any suggestions??? have tried calling the garage but there not answering!!

what else did you have replaced before it went to the garage? did you do the leads and plugs or anything else?

nope - nothing else done but the sensor and the rotor arm, the garage did say they had checked the plugs etc yesterday and hed thought they were ok...... :cry:

Because it was so sudden it sounds like an air leak to me. Has one of the pipes come off? Have look over the engine and make sure all the air pipes are still connected.

Yeah, I'm thinking it might well be the ISV too, but I don't know where they're located on the valvers, sorry! :oops:

Though Jay has a point with the sudden-ness of it pointing to a vacuum pipe having come off...

It sits above the dizzy, so if they've been in there changing a rotor arm, then they might have disturbed the ISV.

ok... now the big question, i am gonna have to check this myself at lunch, anyone got a pic or a sure fire way of describing it so i can actually find the ISV and check it???

sorry but am a girl, were not meant to be mechanical!!! :oops: