Sign in to follow this  
task

fuelpump question???

my g60 fuel pump used to stay on for a long time , so I took it to a mechanic and he fixed it(or not) it used to stay on for about 3-4 minutes. now it just shut off when I turn the ignition off. I saw him do something in the fuse box took out a couple of relay's and replaced them. can someone tell me what he did? or is there a relay for the fuelpump that controls it after ignition is off.

well that link doesn't really help at all ,I want to know if there is any relay I can change to let the fuel pump go back to normal .

do you have the original owners manuall for your car?

EDIT-- the link was to show that you have already asked this question mate :wink:

Because of the heat a G60 engine can put out.. to stop fuel getting to HOT and basically catching, the pump circulates it. Your find this happens alot throughout the summer months and after sitting in heavy traffic then switching off. Also while fan is running.

it's actually to prevent the fuel evaporating in the lines which will stop the car from starting again when the engine's hot, not to prevent the fuel from catching... ;)

The rest was spot on though... 8)