Sign in to follow this  
COR VR

Something's not right

I've suspected something is up with my corrado for a little while and I have changed numerous parts to cure the niggle. The problem is that while the idle is steady its not silky smooth as it was a few months back, i've also noticed a slight pop when reved to just over 2000 rpm from the exhaust. I don't recall this before.

I have had the diagnostics checked with no faults, i've had the coil pack, Ht leads, cam sensor, engine speed sensor, spark plugs, head gasket and water pump changed in the several months leading up to this.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Cheers.

Mine does the same mate. Felt smooth when i got it, but now its a bit lumpy at idle and the exhaust does pop on the over-run once if you blip to 2k. I assumed the later was air getting into the system, but then mines on its way out anyway. I seem to be developing a flat spot too. I thought mine was HT,s as my coil pack was done 8 months ago. Im off now to borrow an ht tool from my garage as it took me 2 hrs last weekend to fit one new plug and ht, so ill let you know how it goes mate.

I also thought it may be my cheap induction kit as i think my problems started there. Is yours standard induction/exhaust wise?

i have a similar problem i think?

only sometimes,when i apply little throttle to set off,it sort of farts :? and dosnt rev.

also pops out of exhaust letting off,but is that due to the decat?

neil.

It completely standard at the moment. I also think that i'm losing a little low down torque, it definately feels slower than it did a few months ago. I think I may have to stick it on the rollers to see what its putting out. Anyone know of any decent rolling road tuners in the Essex area?