Sign in to follow this  
smiff

Goodridge Brake Hose Set

I'm going to replace the standard brake hoses on my car, my mechanic said they've ballooned at both the top and bottom!

I've never had to replace them before, so I might as well go for a quality product. Can anyone please tell me what the product code is for Goodridge Hoses on a 1990 16V Corrado?

Oh, I have Mark4 rear calipers, will this effect what I buy?

Many thanks

Smiffy

You will need to buy the rear mk2 to mk4 conversion hoses and then you'll need half the front set... maybe speak to C&R or Stealth Racing who may be prepared to break a set up for you....

Actually, my MOT warned on brake hoses the other week and I was thinking of getting some Goodridge ones for the VR too. AFAIK I have standard late VR rear brake calipers, so can I just go buy a Golf iii GTi set?

dr_mat, nope, you need a Corrado set as the MKIII front and axle hoses will be different lengths from those you need... ;)

IIRC G-Man can get these pipes made up at a reasonable cost... GSF also sells 'em and Awesome always seem to have 'em in stock when you REALLY need 'em urgently... (don't ask, long story! :roll: )

I bought a set for my Golf G60 off the shelf, 6 line set too. Think I got them from C&R but cant really remember. I think Andy (20vturbo) recommended a place to me.

Acquiring the correct Goodridge hoses for my Storm VR6 was not straightforward - there are different hose ends available for this model.

My local garage man refused to fit the first set I was sent on the grounds of safety. Tread warily.