Sign in to follow this  
Noiseboy16v

Cooling Fan Problems

Hello all,

My new old corrado is already causing my wallet grief. I fear that my cooling fan is very close to dying as it makes a horrific noise when it kicks in. (Not dissimilar to the sound a donkey would make if you shoved its tail into the fan I suspect.) Does anyone know if the fans are specific to models ie. 16v/g60/vr6.....Just in case anyone has one they may be breaking or to see if the one gsf has in their catalogue will fit.

Cheers

Dave :)

They are specific but not sure exactly how different they are - the twin fan VR6 setup is good if your rad is big enough...

they arent different as far as mounting goes but the G60 has a bigger fan. the 16V he "the same fan" according to etka.... lies. all US 16V fans are like 3-5 cm less in diameter. if you have a 16V see if you can get a G60 fan. if you have a G60 see if you can get it replaced... lets leave the VR6 fans to the VR6 guys.... as they cost 320 US..... way more than a G60 fan.

I have a fan that'll do you. I'll hang on sending the loom. Til you contact me...

Gavin

Just had mine replaced with one from a Jetta. Was either that or 170 quid plus Vat for a new one. Or at least that is what the mechanic told me. ;)