Sign in to follow this  
Neil L.

Anyone had a Scorpion Exhaust on theyre VR?

Can anyone give me info on the Scorpion System for the VR6? - are they any good? Was going to go for a Magnex (oval tail) but not sure!

scorpion are much better at making bike end cans imo

i've got a magnex , good fit and great sound

I had a scorpion previously, looked and sounded good, fitted well. It fell apart though, poorly built.

Go for the Magnex.

I had a scorpion on my previous Corrado, it rattled like a motha and is not the same quality as the Magnex i have fitted too my C at the min.

Aaaaauugggh isn't this EXACTLY what the "definitive exhaust thread" is all about?? :x

Quick someone lock this thread up! ;)

I had a Scorpion on the golf VR I had and it sounded awesome, but after workin in a tyre and exhaust garage for 10+ years id recommend the magnex all the way, by far the best fit and finish exhaust you can buy off the shelf

thats strange..ive had a scorpion muffler for about 2 years now, and the sound is great...i don't have the full system, for the rest of my exhaust components I use TechTonics tuning, with removed resonator and hiflow cat....the sound is perfect. My only complaint is that the DTM i have does not fit in my stock exhaust cutout in the bumper, so I"m going to have to get creative soon

i have a scorpion on my g60, (it came on it when i got it) its fit is appauling i have had to severely modify it to get anything like a decent fit,, does sound nice though,,

im saving up for a supersprint, like i have on my mk1 golf as anything else is not worth bothering with,

i`ve had a magnex on my mk2 and that was awfull too, :cuckoo:

the flow due to the rear silencer design is a joke, where it went from 1 to 2 pipes inside the silencer rather than a y piece there is a solid steel sheet with two holes in it, the silencer gets so hot were it meets this flow restriction that it buckles the casing, i have seen this on more than one mk2 and the steel is very thin, save your cash for a supersprint, :thumbleft: