Sign in to follow this  
TomB

Header Tank Help!

My header tank seems to have a crack in it, so it's not staying pressurised. I've ordered a replacement, but it won't arrive until Tuesday. Someone mentioned that it might be possible to do a temporary fix with silicon sealant as I'm supposed to be driving to a Black Tie Ball tonight in Ripon. Can anyone tell me if this is possible or a good idea come to that, and will it hold?

Any advice appreciated,

Cheers,

Tom

Tom go and see the lady with the Golf and borrow her header tank. Only take you a few minutes to swap them over.

Gavin

Knackers. Having just ordered and fitted a new coolant tank, it turns out that it was leaking from the under the CAP of the coolant tank and the new coolant tank doesn't come with a cap. Naturally.

Tom you are like Homer, if it wasn't for bad luck..........you'd have no luck at all! :mrgreen:

Anyway, how was the party? Did anyone see you in the fiesta???

Gavin

A very good ball cheers, and I managed to park far enough away that no-one spotted me in the Fiesta...even though it was a 1.3 Ghia :-) Hundreds of beautiful women in posh frocks...marvellous! That and the surroundings of Ripley Castle made for a good night out, even if I didn't arrive with quite the style I had in mind :-)

Cap tomorrow I think... DOH!

Rat's Knackers. Changed tank, changed cap, all was going fine until on the way back from Harrogate it starts steaming like a kettle, and the temperature and oil warning lights started flashing and beeping. Could this be because there was too much water, and not enough coolant?

How much G12+ should a valver take? 40% of capacity yes?

Cheers,

Tom