Sign in to follow this  
NickVR6

Fuel pipes countinued......

Taken off the throttle body intake and everything attached too it! Broke the vacum thing that looks like a flying soucer, I hope its cheap! No sarcasm please, it would never EVER have comeoff without breaking.

Pipe that goes to the carbon can to underside of the throttle body with a little thin T peice was so perished it broke up too! All off now and I have cut the pipes down so there is 4 inches left on each down on the inner wing.

HOW THE FLUMIN BLIP do i get the remainder off the horribly brittle feeling plastic pipes that come up from under the car. They are not coming off and i dont want pull on them too hard!? Bit confussed has to how you can move them up and down about 6 inhces and rotate them 180 degrees with no resistance, but im not going to push that one!

Any idea how to get them off? Oh and I now have no idea which one goes to which pipe on the fuel rail....DOW....school boy error there! :oops:

Got some braided 150psi stuff for £12-4 metres im going to fit until the £60 rubber vw ones turn up (thought i heard a ripping sound, and its not in my pants).

Breater filter £20 from Ford, all the info can be found in this thread HERE

Sounds like your not having the best weekend.

I have now officially given up all hope. Having broken the pipe off that goes under the car. Taken the end out put it in a vice with the 4 inches of fuel pipe left on it without the vag clip on it and pulled with all my might and it has stretched the plastic fuel pipe so much it turned from blue to white. And anyone reckon that would have come off in situe, think not!

I still cant get it off after spliting the hose with a stanley! Pointless i know but wanted to prove to myself that it was just me.

Also stabed myself quite nicely. Almost had enough blood to completely colour in the DOHC VR6 on the engine cover, looks quite cool actually!!

Ive sealed everything, shut the bonnet and locked the garage. My corrado is officially off the road until further notice.

Please just update your existing threads rather than starting new ones that cover the same subject.

Thanks.

No problem - I've cut you some slack as you are pretty new here.

Normally you'd just be shunned from the community and I would find out where you live.

:)

Cheers, just getting F-up with simple simon jobs turning into nightmares. And everything that goes seeming to be going all at once!

I shall cheer myself up by posting some picks now, will if i get any good comments that is!

Hey another Corrado in Salisbury, don`t see many around this way.

I don`t have much luck with doing simple jobs on my G60, but stick with it and when you finally get there it brings a smile back to ya face(until the next thing breaks :-( )

Can someone tell me what a couple of bits do that i now have off the car?

On the big plastic intake pipe that goes to the throttle body there is a funny pipe that comes off it into the back of the head area (has a consetina type placky pipe off it. What is the grey plastic thing the plugs into this.into the big bore pipe that i took and eletrical conector off??

Only reason i ask is because they grey plastic has no metal conectors in it so the wiring is surely pointless..eh?

On this same smaller bore pipe, what is the plstic flying soucer that joins it to the head area for? (Yes the one i had to break to get off the car!).

Ap only £20..few

Update....my mate has got me two VAG fuel lines from Germany and is "dropping them round" friday night, umm, now that really is friendship!

the plastic "sensor which isn't" is a blanking plug for a sensor that's used in the American models for their exhaust emissions stuff... VW simply put in a blank version to keep the engine bay looking tidy and to stop people getting worried by finding multiplugs that were unplugged... ;)

No idea about the other bit though, get a pic up and you'll probably get more help... ;)

cheers Henny. Just been pointed towards ford by Kev, and now have one in my hand. Its a Crank case presure breather type thingemy. VW would'nt sell me one without half the rest of the engine attached but Ford did it for £15 and it was in stock (what a consept!!). And, dare i say it excellent cust service from everyone i spoke to there who were all interested when i said i was packing a raddo vr!

Its a happy day today! The blue oval has something to offer afterall. Shame they never tried putting the VR in anything smaller than a building...... what am i saying, im going now...

Mate blew me out on the fuel lines! Lucky i kept my order with VAG.

They came in, cool! NOT. They turned out to be a pipe from fuel pump to tank and fuel pump to bulk head (abt 6feet mong) all for a 1989 1.8 16v.

Must stop wearing that T-Shirt that says kick me while im down.

Off the road for another week then. Thats if I can get the last pair left at the factory!

Anyone know the gauge of the pipes? Is it 8mm internal bore and about 12mm external? This would help me put a temp one in.

Anyone know if the galaxy ones are similar? They are off the shelf at ford, and would be cool if they just need cutting down or are they shorter/totally different?

Quick question.............I now have my fuel pipes, dont ask how!

Tehy go on the fuel rail fine, but what can i lube up the other end with to get them on the plastic pipes that go under the car. Can only just get them on a couple of mill dry. Bearing in mind it will go in the fuel and or not dry out if DW40 etc?? I've already bent the blue pipe double and am really struggling.

This is the hardest job I have ever done on any car, and i've rebuilt and swopped engines which is small fry compared to changing these pipes, oh yeah!

Don't use WD40 mate, it's petrol based and can perish the rubber.

I used window cleaner on mine and they slid on easily....I just grabbed what ever lube was nearest and it turned out Windowlene is perfect for the job!