Sign in to follow this  
KARMANN

Heater Matrix!!!!!!!!! ohh and smoke

Hi guys- was out in the car today when smoke started pouring out from behind the dask-i sh*t myself and pulling over straight away switched everything off,disconnected the battery etc.Nearly phoned the fire brigade! the smoke soon dispersed and once i removed lower passenger side dash trays i notices everything was soaking with coolant-was kindof glad that it wasnt a proper fire.Im thinking that since the matrix has emptied itself the water has cause some smoke from wires or somit.

Right heres where te advice is needed-Iv heard that people have managed to replace the Matrix without removing the dash-could you please explain how?

And for everyone else could you give me tips on how to do it by removing the dash?

Oh-i dont have a clue what it looks like either so pictures would help.

Iv done a search-but there doesnt seem to be a difinative guide yet.

Cheers Fraser

Lol...mine blew last week in front of the VW dealer. :splat: Did a quick bypass and was on my way.

I'm not going to worry about it until november.

i can't believe that guy actually went to so much bother to replace the matrix when he didn't need to and then went to the bother of cataloging it all in such detail!!! -Fair do's but must have too much time on his hands and be seriosuly dedicated!!!!

I replaced mine and wouldn't want to do it by choice again except tha i have a climate control system to fit - that'll be fun