Sign in to follow this  
cymru-corrado

16v door speakers

My 1.8 16v 1990 dosent come with door speakers and after taking away the grills cant see any wiring.

is it possible to disconnect the rears and re run the wire to the doors is so how complicated is this?

how strange! yup it is possible, shouldn't be too difficult, but allow yourself a days worth of sunlight to be on the safe side. i fitted new speakers the other day and found myself in the dark, with a door card off, searching the floor for screws!

you may find it easier to run a feed from the dash speakers, as per tweeter/speaker situ in most early c's.

thought it was strange myself might remove door card tomorrow see if there hidden somewhere. if not can you split the wiring off the dash speakers then?

I suspect that the wiring for the dash/door speakers on the Corrado is the same as on the Passat - the mid and the tweeter are wired in parallel to each other. Get yourself to a scrappy and get the mids, tweeters, and speaker wires out of any 88-92 Passat, then you won't have to re-route your rear speaker wiring!

Hope this helps!

Yeah, you should have a rubber bellows type thing 'twixt door and body that you can pass the wires through, then just take the lower dash trim off and feed the wires up behind the dash...

My 1.8 16v 1990 dosent come with door speakers and after taking away the grills cant see any wiring.

is it possible to disconnect the rears and re run the wire to the doors is so how complicated is this?

I have the same in my early 16V must be a poverty spec thing :roll:

there was 3 speaker options on the Corrado:

Poverty spec: 3.5" mid range speakers in the dash and 6x4" speakers in the rear

Mid/normal spec: 3.5" tweeters in the dash, 5.25" speakers in the doors and 6x4" speakers in the rear

Rich git spec: AKTIV speaker setup. Amplified version of the mid/normal spec setup with AKTIV written on the speaker grilles.

half completed this project at last.

i now have 2 tweeters in the front, ripped out standard oe rears, used the existing cabling but re-ran it through to the doors, got some custom door pods and put some 17cm 3 way coaxials in there. at the back i've got my amp all setup to a set of 6x9's just need 1 little hook thing to screw in an earth cable and put a fuse in the power cable.

then job done 8)