Sign in to follow this  
dav

VR6 OIL

Pre-warm the oil?

There's an engine add-on you can buy for a couple of hundred quid that will store some pressure and fire it through the engine just before startup to make sure the oil is spread throughout and up to pressure before the pistons move.

I can't remember the name of it, but even if it's £200 it'll be cheaper than 12 oil changes - which you appear to be doing in a year!

Oh, and now I mention it, enough of the upper engine wear occurs due to acid corrosion in condensation that forms on the cold engine, that you're really not going to be able to work miracles on the engine's life just by changing the oil. The only way to get interstellar mileages out of engines like these seems to be to never ever start from cold... Which is something that not many people can manage.

dr mat where can I get this from?

The oil changes dont cost me nothing as he does it at work and dont charge for a thing, believe me even managers take the p*ss at dealerships,

Like I say, I can't remember what it's called, or even how to find it. I'll see what I can dig out...

does anyone know how much oil a vr6 takes on an oil change?

pretty sure its just over 5litres (including filter change)......it should tell you the capacities in the owner's manual :wink:

pretty sure its just over 5litres (including filter change)......it should tell you the capacities in the owner's manual :wink:

useful IF u have an owners manual i spose :-P :-P :-P

useful IF u have an owners manual i spose :-P :-P :-P

you can order them from the stealers :)

I have 2 owners manuals.... one of them is very helpfully in German.... .....joys of owning a LHD car I suppose..

funnily enough I got an English one from VW. Though they did say something along the lines of there only being 3 left in the country.....