Sign in to follow this  
Walesy

Lights On Dash..But Not On LCD's

Bonjour.

I noticed last night that my new g60 has no lights to back the LCD's with the clock etc and mileage on......the dash lights work fine. (( the bulbs shining down on the dials ))

I can't seem to find a fuse that is specificaly for the LCD's ...so other than that i'm scuppered!.

any suggestions folks?

cheers

dave.

Hmmm - not sure if i'm talking about the right lights but does it make any difference when you move the variable dial on the geadlight switch - If not it may not be making contact... (2 metal prongs inside switch casing)

you can take the clocks out with the steering wheel in situ, 4 screws hold the shroud around the clock in place. then there's a screw either side at the top securing the clocks. the locate on rubber legs at the bottom, so you might have to give them a wee yank to get them out.

to get access to the speedo cable, and the multi-plug you are probably best taking out the shelving under the dash and going up from underneath. it's bloody tight, so expect scraped knuckles and raw arms. :(

once you've got the clocks out they come apart easy enough, the bulbs are just twist fit holders - and you can get replacement bulbs from halfrauds or maplins.

hth 8-)

put your steering wheel on the lowest setting to take the clocks out, the multi plug is easily accessed

love the description of the g60 lol

just to confirm, if the lights on the top of the gauges are working, but the LCDs aren't, then it's almost 100% that it's the bulbs that are at fault due to the fact that the lights across the top plug into the power feed to the LCD's bulbs... ;) IE, the electricity has to go PAST the LCD bulbs before it can get to the other bulbs in the clocks... ;)

ah...cheers for confirming that matee...i still havent got around to changing the bulbs as i have far more pressing problems with it! :roll: