Sign in to follow this  
dubmad

1.8t internals in a g6o???????????

i managed to melt the edge of my piston in chamber three in my g60 lump my mate has a spare 20valve turbo laying about was wondering if the pistons and conrods will fit into my block? and if so is there anything i will need to uprate cos of the change in compression ratios?im guessing the headbolts will need to have to be changed to performance items and the conrod bolts could do with being performance items too and what kind of power and torque will i be looking at? cheers guys chris :D

The compression ratio on a G60 is 8:1 the 20V is 10:1. That's a significant jump. Whether it'll run OK is another question.

I have seen/heard of a 2E bottom end being used under a PG head. G60JAY told me he had done this.

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... bottom+end

Maybe you can get away with 2 gaskets, I think tracking down another piston would be better personally. Try g-man.

Gavin

I'm throwing out about 8 or 9 g60 pistons in good condition,if any one is interested get in touch.

The compression ratio on a G60 is 8:1 the 20V is 10:1. That's a significant jump. Whether it'll run OK is another question.

I have seen/heard of a 2E bottom end being used under a PG head. G60JAY told me he had done this.

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... bottom+end

Maybe you can get away with 2 gaskets, I think tracking down another piston would be better personally. Try g-man.

Gavin

my 20vt is 9:1 (AGU) not that it helps...

i thought the 20 vts compression ratio was 9:1

Maybe I am wrong then. I knew it wasn't that different to the NA ones. All that extra money for 25hp :roll:

Gavin

I think it'll be a trial and error thing myself. I still think another G60 piston is a better fix.

GAvin

my 1940cc G60 runs 9.5:1 compression ratio... The standard head bolts will take it... 8)

i take it ure using custom pistons and conrods for ur engine or...... have u had much hassle with gettin it mapped or running?

dubmad, custom pistons, crank, and standard rods and bearings... 8)

Map was no problem at all... £350 and it's spot on now... :) 8) It ran on the standard chip for the first 500 miles, but was over fuelling a lot 'cos I'd changed to red top injectors too... The SNS 5.1 chip helped, and then the remap transformed the car into an utter nutter! 8)

my 1940cc G60 runs 9.5:1 compression ratio... The standard head bolts will take it... 8)

But isnt yours a rallye block that uses heavier duty headbolts as standard?

Joe M, yup, but it was specc'd around a PG block with standard bolts, it just turned out that my original block was past it and the Rallye block was the replacement I ended up with... The PG engine that's coming out of H-YYU this week will probably get rebuilt (my missus wants to learn about engines! 8) ) to the same internal spec as the 1H I've already got... 8)

ok now the 1.8 20V bits WILL fit in no probs and as for the comp if you have the 150 or 180 then IT WILL BE 9.5 :1 the 210 and 225 one WILL BE 9.3:1 the only dif in the rods is some use 18mm wist pins and some use 19mm but this can be in the 150 180 210 and the 225 one there is no hard and fast rule with it all you can do is look up the engine code to find out