Sign in to follow this  
SIG60

Induction Kit??

Ok, Need a bit of help please my G60 is running really but want to gain a few horse's without too much expense (I hear you all laughing!!)

Currently I have stage 4 Jabba rebuild on my charger and a full Milltek exhuast, should I go for an induction kit? if so which one value for money etc.. or - what??? Am I wasting my time without a chip?

Get a cold air feed to the standard g60 air box, I have which has a feed from the brake ducting on that side straight up throught the hole where the carbon canister was and into the air box + K&N filter. Induction kits unless they come which a metal panel which can isolate them fron the rest of the engine bay just draw air which hs already been heated from the engine. JMR made mine 16vg60 on this forum

You can't better value for money on a chip and pulley. I doubt you would make power with an induction kit. It'll sound faster.....and Like woody says sucking in hotair will reduce power. An induction kit is going to be approaching 100 quid. A chip and pulley can be had for 165 it turns out.. http://pitstopdevelopments.com/chip.htm

Gavin

A less restrictive intake filter ie large cotton gauze cone filter, with a good heat shield would compliment a chip and pulley.

Your car will be a new beast with a bit more boost from a smaller pulley and more importantly a correct chip.