Sign in to follow this  
redwoodkp

Corrado changing front grille to late style

I have a 1990 16v Corrado and just purchased a vr6 front grille from GPC. I knew the fittings were different before i bought but didnt realise all fiitings top and bottom on the later grille are totally different to the standard holes in mine. Thought the middle one just needed knocked out.

Anyone done this before and can shed some light on a way to get round this??

Some slam panels were stamped with both early and late grill slots - obviously you are not one of the lucky ones. All I have done with my FK grille is remove th e tabs from their original positions and using strong adhesives re-glue them in the correct positions - left with a spare top and bottom tab if they fail but so far so good, have tie wrapped the grill (totally invisibly) just as an added precaution too

Cheers was thinking along those lines but have to be careful with my choice of adhesive so it wont come loose. Gonna try and use some black cable ties aswell but will be tricky to keep them behind and covered up.

Cheers for the help just wanted peace of mind before trying it.

Think I used the Araldite two part stuff - seems to be holding up ok but still early days

JB weld will hold anything and is about the strongest stuff I've come across yet.... 8)