Sign in to follow this  
Walesy

Who's Had My Charger?

Bonjour

Looking at me charger...it seems that someone has been at it :? ......there was no record of a charger rebuild when i bought it...but i think the bit in the pic isnt standard..........am i right?........does anyone on here recognise the mod?.

cheers.

True, that is an RS outlet. I have the same fitted to my Passat. The charger does look as though it has never been serviced. All the places that do them paint or otherwise treat them to make them look nice.

Gavin

looks like a bahn brehnner rs outlet,saved u some money there mate and got rid of that shitty plastic box that always breaks :D

The std silencer box thing can leak at the joint in the middle. The ally outlet is a better compromise and more reliable. Less volume to pressurise too. Mine looks just like that and came from Pitstop/Gwerks.

Gavin

All the places that do them paint or otherwise treat them to make them look nice.

phffff......are you saying my charger doesnt look nice?... :wink:

the last g60 i owned had a stage 4 charger rebuild at JMR...and the charger was filthy...but stamped....whereas this one isnt.

I would be very surprised if it has ever been apart. Which means it would be a good idea to have it done. Before.......................

i think i reconise that colour of silicone on the outlet as one of ours... do you have any pictures of the whole car? also agree with gav that charger looks like its never been open'd up to me

ah ha.. g-man, .just the man i wanted to speak to....how long does it take you to do a overhaul?

Is the outlet hose held on by two jubilee clips sort of connected together? That charger is looking very familiar! Whereabouts in wales are you?

sunny cardiff mate...the car was bought locally too..recognise her?

EDIT-- i'm taking it that you're from Port Talbot by your av. :wink:

He turns them round in about 3 days. Take off sunday ship monday, back thursday or friday.

I think I do recognise her, trying to get hold of my mate who (I think) used to own that car. If it is the same one then I built that super charger! Yep, in Port Talbot at the mo, but grew up in Dinas Powys.

ah ha....now thats getting closer...i live in Penarth mate...whos your mate then?...phil by any chance?

No, his name's Darren. I know it's gone through a few hands since he had it, including one of my other mates Jen. It was defo a J reg, same colour too. The charger had new bearings and apex seals and some pretty extreme porting.

this sounds more and more like it....it was owned by a dude...who sold it to his g/f..(( jen maybe?)) who sold it to her sister...who was phil's boyfriend...who had it when i bought it.....

the charger does feel like it's been ported or something..its nippier than standard.......can you remember the mileage on the car whn you carried out the work?

I think it had around 120k on the clock. Sounds like it, Jen's sister is called Cath, ring any bells? The charger came off an accident damaged US car that had an indictaed 43k miles on the clock. I've still got the motor it came off, I'm currently in the process of building it back up and turbo'ing it. It will eventually go into my 16v Rado.

got an echo in here???????

got an echo in here????????

it would be great it you could confirm that this is deffo the car.....i'm not sure about the girls name...i just dealt with Phil......but there cant be too many raddos from dinas powys/penarth in this colour etc.....

the car is currently on 132k...but has been sat doing nothing for a long while.

As soon as my mate rings me back I'll give you a shout. Ha ha! Just read in your sig about the horrible induction thing! It wouldn't be a 'ractive' carbon effect cone filter type jobbie would it? Cannot believe that's still on there, sold it to my mate for a tenner and he just sort of stuck it on the end of the flexi pipe coming out of the charger.