Sign in to follow this  
Walesy

The Thread In My Head Is Cross Threaded...Thread

This hong kong phooey stuff is going right over my head guys.....it must be a generation thing :wink: ............ :D

Today i treated my car to the following: Thermo, Rad thermo switch, Pretty blue temp sender, Full flush,G12+, Fuel filter, Mk4 Rear Calipers.

The car was running 10 times better on the 5m journey home from my mates garage "avec let pit" ...the MPG on the MFA had climbed up to 10mpg by the time i got home...but the needle didnt move where it would have before...so without having much chance to test it it seems to be running alot better.

thanks for the suggestions so far....

and i'll have to get to an Aldi's near me Gav. :wink:

Edited title because I think you needed another 'thread' at the end.

hmmm...

ok scrap my post saying how well my car was running.

It has taken a turn for the worst....it's now popping and farting and all sorts....basically miss-firing....exactly as if a lead were foofed or something.....i'm now wondering if i need to get a heli-coil put into the spark plug thread that's messed up.

I'm currently sat at my mum's house waiting for an alarm company to arrive so that i can spend £230 on having an autowatch alarm put into a car that NO-ONE would want to steal.....as soon as the guys have finished im gonna put the car in the garage and leave it there.....then i'm going to walk home in the rain to my house and marvel at the sight of the £100 750cc fiat panda that i bought for my g/f to learn in which will be my ride for the forseable future.

Dont you just love corrados.

PM dave

EDIT. Tool time, postman shows up a day late with my thread chasers. Just need to crossed thread something now to check them out. I'll start with the lawn mower rather than cripple the Passat. :lol:

having blown a grand on the car in a week...my financial advisor is making me give up more than anything.

I'll be back on it soon enough though...i need it running to get to BVF next weekend....theres no way im doing that trip in a £100 panda!.

marvel at the sight of the £100 750cc fiat panda that i bought for my g/f to learn in which will be my ride for the forseable future.

What, the panda or the g/f :wink:

well......both....not sure which one i will blow up first though.... :D

At the risk of turning this thread into another " what lead " thread....i have taken the leads that i bought from GSF off my car ..and replaced the ones i took off it.....and now it is running sweet as a nut.

I'm gonna work out the MPG myself beofre i even look at the MFA again.

at the moment my car is running nicely.....at the momentl.

cheers guys.

h100vw, Henny, you recieved your thread chasers from these jokers did you?...ive had nothing bar a couple of fob offs by email, for some reason you cant see whats been writtern in their feedback aswell....bastids

snap on do a spark plug repair kit similar to a heli coil but better

basically you have a tap to recut the threads to a bigger size and then you screw in a threaded sleave with a bit off loctite on it and it works a treat . got about 50 cars running around with them in and no probs at all

kit is about 75 quid tho but still better then having to take your head off and pay a engineering shop 40 quid to heli coil

you anywhere near high wycombe bucks or maybe could send the kit in the post for you and you just pay for an insert and postage both ways

let me know or call me 07841285842

h100vw, Henny, you recieved your thread chasers from these jokers did you?...ive had nothing bar a couple of fob offs by email, for some reason you cant see whats been writtern in their feedback aswell....bastids

Got mine ages ago Dave. Left him feedback on the day it arrived.

GAvin

exturbo2003, you're a gent mate...but i've solved the problem thanks anyway!...the problem ive got now is that i've been ripped off by these

ebay scamming gits!

corradowales, not had mine yet... will be chasing 'em for the second time today... I get the feeling that they're not conning, that they're just badly organised...

ahh..not just me being picked on then......ive given them bad feedback now...thae last email i had from them was saying that mine had been sent...that was 6 days ago....

feck...forgot about you Bill....ok..who's closest to Leighton Buzzard?

He lives in Manchester.... :roll:

cool, time for a visit I think.... do you have his address and can you PM me it please Gav? 8)

Will check my emails from ebay later today. txt me if you don't get it, I forget things :mrgreen: