Sign in to follow this  
Trig

Wheel Squeak/Chafe

..Only had the car (94 VR6) a few days and before I picked it up I know it had new brake pads and discs on the front (as part of a service).

Now I don't know a lot about cars so maybe the brakes need a bit of time - but every time I turn a right corner or brake (anytime the weght is on the front left wheel) I get an intermittent squeak/chafe noise that occurs every revolution of the wheel. It can't be heard unless the windows are down.

Where the discs/pads not fitted properly?

Can't visibly see anything that would be causing this, i.e. big stick in the wheel arch. I've done a search but not come up with much.

Any ideas anyone? Is it possible for a Corrado newbie to fix?

got the same problem myself at the moment

i get a slight i can only describe it as scraping noise from the front wheel area at about 35mph gets worse when you steer left and right

checked car underneath ,no marks on wheels or tyres

got a funny feeling i might have a cv joint on the way out

only thing i cant understand is if it were a cv joint the scraping noise would be a lot more rapid because of the diameter of the joint

had a friend have a quick look and he's sure its the caliper intermitently catching on the outside of the disc. dunno if yours is the same surfer? - have you ever surfed polzeath btw?

Gonna get the garage to have a look at it on monday...

For anyone who has the same problem it did tun out to be the bearing, at very low speed sit sounded like a scratching. Anyway, all sorted now.

this is mo than likely the backing plate for the disk rubbing on the disk just bend it out a bit i think they catch on lowered cars mine seems to rub a lot since i slammed it but did before too just bend it out with your hands.